Installing RK 2.5" X Factor

CajunJK

I finally broke out the tools and started putting on the lift. I started with the rear....got everything installed up to the rear RRD 2.0 shocks....then noticed wrong freakin' shocks! I need the shocks with an eyelet on bottom and "fork" on the top.....but was sent the shock with eyelets on both ends....NOT good! So tomorrow I will install the front and wait for the correct shocks for the rear....damnit!! I was hoping to get this thing done this weekend! Oh well.... Time for some cold :beer: :)

MTG

Caught the Bug
I finally broke out the tools and started putting on the lift. I started with the rear....got everything installed up to the rear RRD 2.0 shocks....then noticed wrong freakin' shocks! I need the shocks with an eyelet on bottom and "fork" on the top.....but was sent the shock with eyelets on both ends....NOT good! So tomorrow I will install the front and wait for the correct shocks for the rear....damnit!! I was hoping to get this thing done this weekend! Oh well.... Time for some cold :beer: :)

I assume not, but you're sure you weren't looking at the front shocks? :idontknow:

aldaman

.....Also, you may have the right shocks but the piece that goes thru the eyelet wasn't included or could be mixed up with the rest of the parts delivered....

image.jpg

:thinking:

CajunJK

Well RK sent me the parts I needed for the rear shocks!...Got the back done now time to get started on the front....YES I'm taking my time and I'm doing it by myself so it's taking longer lol....

One thing is I haven't reconnected the emergency break cables.... For the ones who've done this lift...Did y'all just reroute the cables so they reach better? As in pull them off the wire hangers etc??

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well RK sent me the parts I needed for the rear shocks!...Got the back done now time to get started on the front....YES I'm taking my time and I'm doing it by myself so it's taking longer lol....

One thing is I haven't reconnected the emergency break cables.... For the ones who've done this lift...Did y'all just reroute the cables so they reach better? As in pull them off the wire hangers etc??

on my teraflex 2.5 lift i just pulled them off the hanger. they dont sag much but it leaves them room to drop with the axle. who knows tho i may be wrong in doing this

CajunJK

on my teraflex 2.5 lift i just pulled them off the hanger. they dont sag much but it leaves them room to drop with the axle. who knows tho i may be wrong in doing this

I had done that but it just seems like there wouldn't be enough slack once you flex.....hmmmm

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I had done that but it just seems like there wouldn't be enough slack once you flex.....hmmmm

well thinking about it now i think you/we will be ok if it hangs. on my 2" spacer lift i had i never took the cable off the hanger and had plenty of flexx till i hit the bump stops. im sure hanging to give you the extra slack wouldnt be to much of an issue. :thinking:

CajunJK

Also, I may have missed it somewhere in the threads, but once you move the rear sway bar back an inch as instructed by RK, I had to adjust my muffler as the sway bar makes contact with the muffler on the drivers' side....barely, but still does, seems the muffler is not quite parallel with the rear bumper as the sway bar only makes contact on one side....just food for thought

CajunJK

well thinking about it now i think you/we will be ok if it hangs. on my 2" spacer lift i had i never took the cable off the hanger and had plenty of flexx till i hit the bump stops. im sure hanging to give you the extra slack wouldnt be to much of an issue. :thinking:

Ok thanks! Only one way to find out right!!!!? :brows:

CajunJK

Can't wait to get this done and try it out....No rocks down in south la but there are plenty of holes to go in and out of to test it out....ditches, etc!

Top Bottom