Poison Spider RockBrawler™ II Tire Carrier bumper

Spartan

Has anyone ran the Poison Spider RockBrawler™ II Tire Carrier bumper? I'm really liking the one handed opening.

Spartan

Doesn't look as tough as the Poison Spider Bumper. If you watch video on Poison Spiders sit it says that it takes the load off the tub and the gate. They even tell you why it's angled and the sides in the video. Nothing on it is just for looks. They don't build mall crawler shit like a lot of places do. I'm sure the quality is great. Just wondering if anyone have any first hand knowledge.

Spartan

I've been looking into the poison spyder bumper as well but concerned about having the bumper attached that if a rock hits the back end it will hurt the rear door.....

I've also been looking into the Warn Elite series rear bumper as well. Around the same design

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Bumpers-Tire-Carriers-Winch-Mounts/Elite-Series-Tire-Carrier.aspx?t_c=64&t_s=26&t_pt=3902&t_pn=WAR89800

Warn makes good winches, but not sure their bumper would stand up to being bounced off rocks.

rtguy1

Has anyone ran the Poison Spider RockBrawler™ II Tire Carrier bumper? I'm really liking the one handed opening.
Just installed one on a members rig. It's nice. He smacked his bumper a few times on his first run out with it and zero issues. It's a solid setup.*
View attachment 43104 View attachment 43105

I've been looking into the poison spyder bumper as well but concerned about having the bumper attached that if a rock hits the back end it will hurt the rear door.....

I've also been looking into the Warn Elite series rear bumper as well. Around the same design

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Bumpers-Tire-Carriers-Winch-Mounts/Elite-Series-Tire-Carrier.aspx?t_c=64&t_s=26&t_pt=3902&t_pn=WAR89800

That looks like a copy of the aev tire carrier.

jkjurny

On the Warn bumpers, I have a friend who's paint started to fade (can't really explain what it is, but looks wrong and not glossy) after 14 months.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I saw this bumper on a jk yesterday and I love this bumper but after seeing it in person I would like something that wraps the corner for protection
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375672935.204821.jpg
Thinking now of the expedition one rear bumper and carrier
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375673530.621411.jpg

JK's JK

Banned
I don't like the extended bumper look. I want the bumper to end right at the edge of the jeep. I plan on modifying my stock flares since spending 600 on flares when I can buy chromoly axle shafts instead. Of course I also have a limited budget!!!!

I was also looking at this bumper. Its so hard to decide since I'm looking at it on the internet!!!!!

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/_e/Jeep_Bumpers_Rock_Proof_/product/JRB800B/Jeep_Rear_Bumper_for_JK_Wrangler_WITH_provisions_for_tire_carrier_for_JK_s_.htm

**Edit**

I did come across this tire carrier last week. I cant tell if it sits to low

http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Wrangler-Rear-Bumper-Tire-Carrier-p/3930.htm

Last edited:

rtguy1

Been thinking about it, and it looks like all the weight is on the spindle. Wouldn't be better to have the other side rest on something?

thats how you want it. if the other side rests on something it would be hard to open and close. you would have to lift it up and out to swing it open, no? it does snug into a cradle on the gate though as most do to eliminate any movement. its a nice piece....thats why it isnt cheap. i had the aev carrier at one point too. that one is really nice as well. i rock the teraflex carrier now since i cant really run a bumper and im happy with it. they sent me the reinforced unit for free and it has been solid so far. The way i see it if you are that worried about hitting your tire on something you should toss the spare in the back. if you catch it right any tire carrier is gonna do damage whether its to the gate or the quarter panels.

holaCG

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375742184.210459.jpg
Had a beat up stock bumper since I bought the Jeep and just replaced it with the Rockbrawler II.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375742319.995402.jpg
I really liked how it turned out and the one handed opening is convenient.

phillypete

I think that I heard the RockBrawler (original) is still recommended if you plan on running 40" tires. Has anyone else seen or heard this?

I'm in the market for a new bumper. Although I don't plan on going up to 40 anytime soon, I would like to through some extra stuff (like the vector offroad exo rack) on my carrier without having to worry about the structural integrity.

Top Bottom