Reclining Seats in a JK

1yellowjk

So when I had my JKU my kids HATED the rear seats because they didn't recline. Now with the 2dr it's the same problem. Anyone know of a way to swap/make reclinable rear seats.

It could be their spoiled as well by riding in their moms car.

I was thinking about rear buckets, but think they might ride to high...wouldn't really care about folding them down. Like using the passenger seat from a JK in the back..IDEAS?

jeeeep

Hooked
mastercraft has a bucket seat conversion kit so you can add bucket reclining in the rear - don't know how if they will fold flat.

1yellowjk

mastercraft has a bucket seat conversion kit so you can add bucket reclining in the rear - don't know how if they will fold flat.

Cool, thanks man. I don't really care about the folding flat part, just need them to be a little more comfortable for the kids. Teenage girls can get really bitchy when uncomfotable and on a trail :)

jeeeep

Hooked
another option is to place spacers under the front legs of the bench seat to make it recline back a bit more...have to say after riding in the back seat I wouldn't want to be there much :icon_crazy:

MacCleev

passenger seats in rear

I actually have a buddy who totaled his 2 door and took the seats out before insurance got their hands on the rig. HE got a new 2dr and he put them in the back wih new custom supports so there is no space under the seat. they still sit a tad bit higher but there is a good amount of room before the roof and roll bar. looks really cool too!

Top Bottom