Clock spring warranty

seanb123

So I was at the dealer for their amazing 20$ mopar oil change and asked about the clock spring issue. They looked at recalls and said its not recalled and I asked what they can do. They told me its probably a loose wire and would cost me 100$ for a diagnostic and then they would go from there. Any Ideas what I can do. I know some guys got it warranted and some got it done for free. I'm also open to doing it myself.

xflstl

So I was at the dealer for their amazing 20$ mopar oil change and asked about the clock spring issue. They looked at recalls and said its not recalled and I asked what they can do. They told me its probably a loose wire and would cost me 100$ for a diagnostic and then they would go from there. Any Ideas what I can do. I know some guys got it warranted and some got it done for free. I'm also open to doing it myself.

I just had mine fixed, had to pay for parts..... no warranty. :mad:

seanb123

They didn't even say they've heard of just said its probably a wire and I can pay them to check it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I recall, the TSB issued for the clock spring was only for 2007. Although, a lot of good dealerships have been covering it on newer vehicles as well. Total BS for your dealership to want to charge you money just to take a look at things.

seanb123

If I recall, the TSB issued for the clock spring was only for 2007. Although, a lot of good dealerships have been covering it on newer vehicles as well. Total BS for your dealership to want to charge you money just to take a look at things.

yeah they are pushy on everything there luckily I'm knowledgeable enough to see through their BS. You should have see the laundry list they had for "required maintenance" and the prices on that. So I guess my only option is to just deal with it.

jhires

yeah they are pushy on everything there luckily I'm knowledgeable enough to see through their BS. You should have see the laundry list they had for "required maintenance" and the prices on that. So I guess my only option is to just deal with it.

Sounds a lot like your stealership is Autonation.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Are you getting an air bag light on your dash or any other MIL's? What makes you think you need yours replaced?

seanb123

air bag light on the dash almost daily and sometimes it does it non stop just on go off 30 seconds later back on and so on. From what i have read this leads me to think clockspring

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
air bag light on the dash almost daily and sometimes it does it non stop just on go off 30 seconds later back on and so on. From what i have read this leads me to think clockspring

Have you checked the wiring under your seats? Sometimes, if things get under there, the plugs can get tweaked enough to cause this to happen. Has happened to me in the past. If the light were on all the time, I would say clock spring but, since yours is intermittent, I would look at your seats first.

seanb123

Sounds a lot like your stealership is Autonation.

oh yeah they are terrible but i just come in for the 19.99 oil change and say no to anything they ask. Buddies got a garage so i do all the work but you just cant beat 19.99

seanb123

Have you checked the wiring under your seats? Sometimes, if things get under there, the plugs can get tweaked enough to cause this to happen. Has happened to me in the past. If the light were on all the time, I would say clock spring but, since yours is intermittent, I would look at your seats first.

ill take a look into that

seanb123

Looked at the wire it seamed okay but It wasn't mounted it was on the floor so I mounted it back up to the seat frame maybe that might help

Top Bottom