Superchips® Flashpaq Programmer or AEV ProCal Module

swiss_jeep

Hi everyone :thumb:

I just got 35"tires mounted on my 2009 Wrangler. Now my question is, which program would you take? The Superchips® Flashpaq Programmer or the AEV ProCal Module? With which programmer do you have made better experiences?

And my second question is, do I need with 35" wheels to change the final drive ratio (in the differential to for example 1:4.10) or is it enough to change it only with the programmer? :idontknow:

Thanks in advance for your answers :thumb::D

Best regards from Switzerland

Samuel Folini

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the ProCal is cheaper but, it'll only really help you to calibrate your speedometer and do a few other things. The Flashpaq is more expensive but, it'll allow you to tune your 3.8L motor and give you better performance.

swiss_jeep

So I have a 2.8L CRD. The programmers are still compatible? :idontknow:
And must I re-gear to 4.10 or higher? or not?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I have a 2.8L CRD. The programmers are still compatible? :idontknow:
And must I re-gear to 4.10 or higher? or not?

Honestly, I don't know if the Superchips Flashpaq will work on a 2.8L CRD, you would need to contact them to verify. Regarding gears, with 35" tires, you can make it work with 4.10's but, if you have anything less than that like a 3.73 or 3.21, I would recommend you get a higher ratio.

B-rab

I have the same issue but with a 2013 with 4"/35's and looking to find a good programmer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE! B-l2ab!

Top Bottom