Almost back from a much too long absence

smuddy

Just registered with this forum. I've had 4 Jeeps in my lifetime:
- '84 CJ7
- '83 CJ7 (both back in college in early 90s)
- '98 Wrangler
- '00 Wrangler

I had to get rid of the last when I had my son back in '03. I've been waiting on the 4 doors since then only to find out what a crappy engine the '07s had (just my opinion from test drives. It just wasn't what I wanted). Then comes the pentastar in 2012, but wait, I'm getting married and have wedding and honeymoon costs! Shoot! Darn it! Ok, the wife finally says I can get back in...AFTER we pay off the 2nd mortgage. Have to...hold...on... Should be paid off by October!

The plan is to get a '14 JK Unlimited Rubicon. I'm still not set on color. I'm thinking copperhead, flame red, or the granite. I also will be keeping the stock rubicon wheels and tires (actually LOVE the wheels) until I need new tires, in which case I'll be keeping the wheels and going to either a 315 70 17 Duratrac or MTRs. I live in GA and there are a lot of rocks here so as much as I like the idea of how well I've heard the duratracs ride on the road, I'm afraid the sidewalls will be too weak for the rocks. At that time the plan is also to go to a TF 2.5 or 3" coil lift. Of course, I'll be reading these forums for some time to come and my opinion could very well change. In fact, I'm positive of that!

Until the new tires come I do plan on putting on Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers (for the wider stance/look and for future use of the new tires) and a TF Leveling Kit. Because of the price, the leveling kit is practically throw-away since I can put it on myself. Yeah, I'll be going to the coil lift in about 2 years but I can't wait that long to get a little better look to it.

I really can't wait! I gotta practice my wave...I've been missing it for too long!!!

Hi to all! :standing wave:

Last edited:

smuddy

I just talked my wife into ordering NOW! Now... Which color??? I like the granite but have had a grey 4runner for the past 7 years... Hmmmmm mm. Wish they had the copperhead and granites on the lots already. What to do...

Welcome to the WAYALIFE. Me personally I like the black but with the red clay you have I would go with either the red or if you can find it the Geko Green. Love the Geko Green but SWMBO and SWCTM says no.:cheesy:

BlackRockBurner

If you get the Anniversary Edition you don't have to buy new bumpers or sliders : and running 33's with stock wheels/carrier will work. As for color, olive drab.

Simmons

Congrats welcome. Just me on the color but I'd get a color I haven't had mix it up a bit. Or just go with your fave color.

KPM171

Congrat's on the upcoming Jeep & nuptials! :standing wave:

You know, if the 2nd will be paid off in Oct, doesn't that mean you can go ahead and order your new JK now? There's a 2ish month lead time to build a special order which means it'll show up right on time. Logic!

smuddy

Congrat's on the upcoming Jeep & nuptials! :standing wave:

You know, if the 2nd will be paid off in Oct, doesn't that mean you can go ahead and order your new JK now? There's a 2ish month lead time to build a special order which means it'll show up right on time. Logic!

Yep! I've been given the all clear! I just have to decide on color and I'm having a hard time. I loved Crush, but they don't offer that this year. I have a dark grey 4-runner that I'm trading in and I don't think I want another grey, though the granite is a fair amount different then the grey I have now. Don't think i'm going to like the metallic orange. Maybe the amp'd...or, just go with white. I know, all across the board! I just wish they still offered Crush and I'd be done!

smuddy

I did talk to the dealer who said I could order what I wanted now and then if I changed my mind or saw something else I liked, that I can just apply the deposit to the new order. I'd just have to wait a little longer. So, I think I'm going to order Amp'd when it comes available. It seems like I may be able to order that color by Friday.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom