how can I check my ball joints and tiered ends?

tkkim

I saw some people do using ply bar.. but other people said it can't tell.

so how can i check my balljoints and tie rod ends is ok or not?

mine is about 25k now so just want to check.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I saw some people do using ply bar.. but other people said it can't tell.

so how can i check my balljoints and tie rod ends is ok or not?

mine is about 25k now so just want to check.

I have just over 24k and yesterday I jacked up the front, one tire at a time (put jack under FLCA and jackstand under frame, chocked tires and pull e-brake) and gave them each a vertical wiggle. One hand on top, one hand on bottom. Of course there was movement.

I have read if there is ANY movement the ball joints are toast or will be before long. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

I'll be replacing them with the Synergy ball joints. Unfortunately I just can't drop the $600 for the Dynatrac. Hopefully the Synergy should last a long time.

Last edited:

tkkim

I have just over 24k and yesterday I jacked up the front, one tire at a time (put jack under FLCA and jackstand under frame, chocked tires and pull e-brake) and gave them each a vertical wiggle. One hand on top, one hand on bottom. Of course there was movement.

I have read if there is ANY movement the ball joints are toast or will be before long. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

I'll be replacing them with the Synergy ball joints. Unfortunately I just can't drop the $600 for the Dynatrac. Hopefully the Synergy should last a long time.

I thought it same way,, but I searched about it, people said little movement is normal....

and also can't tell just based on tis DIY test...

I's go for pro-steer.. I know it is expensive..

and why it is $600? I heard from northridge 4x4 for 450 something..

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I thought it same way,, but I searched about it, people said little movement is normal....

and also can't tell just based on tis DIY test...

I's go for pro-steer.. I know it is expensive..

and why it is $600? I heard from northridge 4x4 for 450 something..

I'll double check real quick on the price. Pro-steer would be nice but it's not in this budget but I might be able to get my arm twisted.... :thinking:

Edit: The pro-steers are 594.45 at NR4x4.

Last edited:

tkkim

I'll double check real quick on the price. Pro-steer would be nice but it's not in this budget but I might be able to get my arm twisted.... :thinking:

o yea.. sorry I just checked with david at northridge 4x4,,, he said 580..

and synergy is 200 shipped... I'd go synergy... haha so i can get synergy tie rod ends at 350 too..

Top Bottom