Damage Assesment

Aeraun

So after going on my first offroad trip to Rausch Creek I gradually noticed a bit of a rattle when I hit bumps that I didn't think was there before. I knew it was coming from the front but I didn't feel anything out of the ordinary while driving. I got a chance to really take a look today and I found something that was right under my nose. Seems a bent this bar that runs across the front axle. I am not sure what this bar does - I am assuming it has something to do with the steering. Obviously I am looking to fix this ASAP but what I am looking at in terms of it being ok to drive? Seems like I just need a new one and looks like an easy fix that I can do. Any other advice? I'm still hoping to go on the next trip on the 24th.

Attachments

• IMG_20130805_143930_044.jpg
    IMG_20130805_143930_044.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20130805_143849_698.jpg
    IMG_20130805_143849_698.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20130805_143824_369.jpg
    IMG_20130805_143824_369.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 200

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
It's your steering suppressor. You can get a Pro-Comp replacement cheap.

I doubt the service department will replace that under warranty. :)

You honestly don't really need it to drive as long as your alignment is good.

Aeraun

It's your steering suppressor. You can get a Pro-Comp replacement cheap.

I doubt the service department will replace that under warranty. :)

You honestly don't really need it to drive as long as your alignment is good.

Ok cool. I'm still a noob at this but I figured it was some type of steering damper. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't looking at a disaster happening if I keep driving like this. And yeh, I'm assuming the dealership isn't going to help me out. I suppose I'll inquire regardless - I have to go in for service and for the recall anyway. Thanks for the info

biggy

There are kits to relocate it higher up so this does not happen again. They are pretty cheap I think mine was 40 bucks .

LadyJeeper

Probably THE most frequently busted part with newer jeepers. I busted mine on my first trip! :rock:

Definitely invest in the relocation bracket when you upgrade that steering stabilizer. Really good cheap investment :thumb:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
If you plan on ever lifting the Jeep some kits come with a relocation bracket. The Enforcer kit from EVO is designed with a relocation hole on the Track bar relocation bracket.

RockyJk

I agree with paychex get an OEM one I have the procomp one and its a p.o.s it blew out in 2 Wheeling trips

Tranquillity

That's funny it didn't affect your driving, mine was packet with snow and I couldn't turn over a street corner.

I would definitively get a relocation bracket... Really worth it !!

At least that's not the tie rod !

JAGS

Hooked
Probably THE most frequently busted part with newer jeepers. I busted mine on my first trip! :rock:

Definitely invest in the relocation bracket when you upgrade that steering stabilizer. Really good cheap investment :thumb:

That's a cool avatar. Your rig crawling over the rocks and car? Sweet!

LadyJeeper

That's a cool avatar. Your rig crawling over the rocks and car? Sweet!

Thanks! That was at a Wheelers for the Wounded fundraiser. The shop hosting it acquired some crusher cars that we put out in the rocks. Lots of fun hearing metal crumble under your tires!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thefuzz

Busted mine on my first wheeling trip at 300 miles and getting ready to pass 50000 with no issues. Of course now I say it I'll probably break tomorrow. Lol 😁

Top Bottom