Start Me Up

Geodeal

08 UNlimited Rubicon. No tops No doors right now. Riverside County CA +90 degrees temperature most days. About three or four times now the engine doesn't start right away.

I know it's not the battery. When it's the battery you just hear a click and that's all. This almost starts for a half a second and then goes no where. Also I have the Sears Platinum Die Hard and that's not even a year old.

I know it's not the alternator/starter because there's no cranking sound.

And after one or two attempts the engine kicks on like everything has been cool all this time.
It's really weird.

Does anyone think it's because of the sun beating down on my dash or something else?

Got a 60k tune-up 7,000 miles ago.

???

Moochie

I had a no start issue once and it turned out to be a loose connection on the starter solenoid. The nut was loose on the main power lead from the solenoid to the battery.

TeamFaust

I've had a similar problem. Starter engages and just doesn't seem to have enough umpf to turn the engine (starts to turn but stops). sometime it does this 2-3 time then just starts right up. First time this happened (about two years ago) I was thinking weak battery and seemed like time to replace anyway so I did. Now it's doing it again, not always, somewhat often. :thinking:

Will check connections, but really sounds like a battery issue...thinking a good excuse for a Diehard Platinum with increased cold cranking amps.

Rockyjk -- can you say a bit more about the crank/cam sensor as that is a new one for me? Maybe should be checked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom