satellite radio

miguel250r

On my 07 jk I just subscribed to Sirius satellite radio and I think its about worthless well maybe I got something wrong with my jeep when u change the channel it takes like 10 sec to acquire signal every time u change it. Then the slightest object on side of road will cause it to acquire signal again like a tree or tall building. Does that radio run off same antenna as am/FM or is there another antenna somewhere that can be screwing up or is this normal for every one else to?

StrikeOut73

I drop signal every time I go under a bridge but other than that mine has been flawless, picks up stations great when switching between them. Do you have an aftermarket antenna by chance?

miguel250r

No just the factory antenna the am/FM works great but the satellite is annoying have to wait like 10 sec just to see what song is on that channel n if u don't like that song its another 10 sec on the next channel

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

miguel250r

Maybe its just best I call Sirius and bitch them out I'm stuck with them now I paid a year in advance

miguel250r

Do u think that's why it works like crap? Cuz I got the hard top on?

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a hard top and it works fine unless in a tunnel and sometimes under a bridge (depends on how long the bridge is) there is also a buffer to help avoid these 'short' blocks.
hard top wouldn't affect it unless the antenna has been moved or has a short in it, is this an after market radio?

kaptkrappy

I know several people with hardtops and Sirius and they have great reception.

Check your antenna. Make sure it's there and it's plugged in to the radio.

Satelite Antenna Location-Passenger Side Rollbar.jpg

Top Bottom