Removing door panel??

Smokumace

My 2011 JKU has a squeak in the driver door window all the way down 1/8" up no noise want to take it apart to check for loose parts or spray a little silicone. I'm a bull in a china shop so looking for any tips or advice before I dig in.

miguel250r

My 2011 JKU has a squeak in the driver door window all the way down 1/8" up no noise want to take it apart to check for loose parts or spray a little silicone. I'm a bull in a china shop so looking for any tips or advice before I dig in.

A few weeks ago I had my windows tinted and the guy doing it could not figure out how the inner panel comes off Cuz he wanted to pull the window to do a cleaner job. He never figured it out so just tinted it in the door so Im no help to u :confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

miguel250r

Maybe someone with more knowledge can tell us how to take the inner door panel off with the tint guy told me was the bolts are from the inside of the door out.. u won't be able to see anything with just door panel off u will have to take inner one off to

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

LeJerk

2 screws, and plastic clips all around it, pop them out gently. The top of the panel hooks over the window lip.

Once you removed the panel I would recommend lithium grease instead of silicone spray.

I would also inspect the track for dirt or sand which could cause the noise.

R/
Will

Top Bottom