miguel250r
08-07-2013, 01:14 AM

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Webe
08-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Looks like fun but mind wouldn't come close to winning.:doh:

JKAnimal
08-07-2013, 01:48 AM
GCM2 or Mel Wade I'm sure would do it in a heartbeat. Their rigs can handle it.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

paychex.308
08-07-2013, 01:58 AM
wouldnt mind driving up there and watching!

andrew-

MTG
08-07-2013, 02:02 AM
Brave isn't the word I would use to describe it. ;)

miguel250r
08-07-2013, 02:05 AM
Me n a buddy took his samurai to Pismo back in high school and we jumped it so much the front tires were rubbing the inner fenders from bending the axle so much that was back in the day before I had a mortgage and could afford to screw around like that

RockyJk
08-07-2013, 02:16 AM
I wanted to go watch that but I have to work :(

miguel250r
08-07-2013, 02:41 AM
I wanted to go watch that but I have to work :(

Same here I get a weekend off every 5 weeks and my weekend is the one before this

OverlanderJK
08-07-2013, 03:48 AM
Nuff said.

http://youtu.be/V8W85WjayKQ

paychex.308
08-07-2013, 03:52 AM
Nuff said.

http://youtu.be/V8W85WjayKQ

so nice of the crowd to cheer as he destroys his rig... :thumbdown:

andrew-

Paisano
08-07-2013, 03:55 AM
This knuckle head totals his Raptor!
http://youtu.be/8SZd2ogOw5M

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

4x4Jesus
08-07-2013, 03:56 AM
GCM2 or Mel Wade I'm sure would do it in a heartbeat. Their rigs can handle it.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

I don't know I remember that video. Of the ATX JK jumping and blowing out the front end. But I'm willing to bet if they landed better the suspension would have handled it:)

http://youtu.be/WKOG0zR5Z8w

RockyJk
08-07-2013, 03:57 AM
Edit: What a dumbass(guy on Chevy)

On a side note it didn't completely fall apart like the raptor in that 90 foot jump lol

Ldogg
08-07-2013, 04:05 AM
I would run my raptor..... Granted its 1/10 the scale and only costs $300, but hey if can rebuild it alot easier then they can.

How can you do that with a brand new vehicle is beyond me. No amount of alcohol would make me think that's a good idea. :D

miguel250r
08-07-2013, 04:45 AM
I would run my raptor..... Granted its 1/10 the scale and only costs $300, but hey if can rebuild it alot easier then they can.

How can you do that with a brand new vehicle is beyond me. No amount of alcohol would make me think that's a good idea. :D

Lol hold my beer n buckle up this is gonna hurt

Ldogg
08-07-2013, 04:58 AM
Lol hold my beer n buckle up this is gonna hurt

You do realize that was a joke right..... :D

GCM 2
08-07-2013, 05:33 AM
Haha! I have been out to the huck fest the first year it went from guys just showing off amongst a small group of friends, to the official entry needed event. It's actually pretty cool. Nothing like watching a train wreck in real time!

Now about my rig, or Mel's, or Eddie's (hell anyone with a Double Throw Down suspension and at least Dana 60's on this or any other forum!) Yes, the suspension can handle it and I know my ProRock 60's can with those 40" aired down pillows can suck it up. However, here is where our rigs (JK's) can't match the trucks entering this jump contest; weight bias. Baja style off road race cars are either built with engines set very far back into the cab area or built purposely as mid or rear engined race cars. This allows them to have a weight bias that favors being in the center, and more so, to rear of the car and allows for a flat or nose high landing. That's equals survivability most of the time. Our JK's are overweight pigs in stock form, mine is now obese and even more nose heavy with all my front quarter armor. I do jump it as often as I can, but I tend to always land nose first :grayno: EVO1 with its big ol' Hemi even has its motor set back 6" more than a stock motor would be and that helps out big time. You will not be seeing me at the huck fest doing anything but watching or using EVOJEEP as a shuttle service. :cheesy:

Here's what a jump and landing looks like half of the time with a JK. Not pretty, but survivable do to strong suspension and axles.

JAGS
08-07-2013, 05:46 AM
Haha! I have been out to the huck fest the first year it went from guys just showing off amongst a small group of friends, to the official entry needed event. It's actually pretty cool. Nothing like watching a train wreck in real time!

Now about my rig, or Mel's, or Eddie's (hell anyone with a Double Throw Down suspension and at least Dana 60's on this or any other forum!) Yes, the suspension can handle it and I know my ProRock 60's can with those 40" aired down pillows can suck it up. However, here is where our rigs (JK's) can't match the trucks entering this jump contest; weight bias. Baja style off road race cars are either built with engines set very far back into the cab area or built purposely as mid or rear engined race cars. This allows them to have a weight bias that favors being in the center, and more so, to rear of the car and allows for a flat or nose high landing. That's equals survivability most of the time. Our JK's are overweight pigs in stock form, mine is now obese and even more nose heavy with all my front quarter armor. I do jump it as often as I can, but I tend to always land nose first :grayno: EVO1 with its big ol' Hemi even has its motor set back 6" more than a stock motor would be and that helps out big time. You will not be seeing me at the huck fest doing anything but watching or using EVOJEEP as a shuttle service. :cheesy:

Here's what a jump and landing looks like half of the time with a JK. Not pretty, but survivable do to strong suspension and axles.

I never get tired of seeing those pictures. 👍

miguel250r
08-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Man that's so awesome seeing a jK aired out

NUBS MCGEE
08-09-2013, 01:44 AM
GCM 2, Can I take you up on that offer for this one:thinking:

GCM 2
08-09-2013, 07:15 AM
GCM 2, Can I take you up on that offer for this one:thinking:

Nubs, you got it brother. The only requirement; when approaching EVOJEEP......bring an awesome freaking attitude!

OverlanderJK
08-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Nubs, you got it brother. The only requirement; when approaching EVOJEEP......bring an awesome freaking attitude!

Guess I can never approach EVOJEEP then.

jelliott076
08-09-2013, 01:10 PM
NO WAY!! A 5ton floor jack can barely lift this heavy ass hunk of metal. There is no way I can get it airborne.

...wait what are the rules? :thinking: can I launch it off a cliff or from a plane?

GCM 2
08-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Guess I can never approach EVOJEEP then.

In your case Big "A", I will accept cash payments to be allowed within one arm length of my rig ;)

MTG
08-09-2013, 01:59 PM
In your case Big "A", I will accept cash payments to be allowed within one arm length of my rig ;)

Thanks for not charging me when I took a ride. ;)

GCM 2
08-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks for not charging me when I took a ride. ;)

The JKX would not be the same without you having been there with me brother :rock: