wschilawski's JKU Build

wschilawski

Lost all pressure in the clutch last week about 45 minutes from home - brought it to the dealership to find out the hydraulic line blew right out of the slave cylinder. Slave cylinder was pulled to find that the o-rings were shot and the small boot ripped. I asked that they replace the entire system (slave cylinder, hydraulic line, and clutch master) to ensure it all functions correctly. I am to pick up Double Deuce this afternoon - there's just something weird about driving a front wheel drive Cherokee as a loaner...

cherocar.jpg

wschilawski

Power bled the system at my buddy's shop and the clutch seems to be ok - I still occasionally feel temporary pressure in the clutch but not as often as before; going to pull the slave in the upcoming weeks to inspect for rips/failed seals.

We are currently in the high 50's so it was time to get the pressure washer out and give Double Deuce a much needed bath.

IMG_8914.jpg

IMG_8918.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

BassAckwardz

Just read through your entire thread, really nice job on your JKU. I just picked up an '08 Sahara in the Red Rock/Khaki hard top combo. I am going to use your build as kind of a blueprint for mine. Don't know if I'll go with 37's like you did, but am going with 35's for sure.

Keep up the good work and keep updating your thread. Oh, and GO PACK,GO!

wschilawski

Clutch has been working great so that's a relief. Installed an Ultimate44 along with new front upper/lower MC control arms.

A small group of us from the Green Bay area are heading down to Tennessee on Friday to wheel Windrock - will post photos later on!

Big Blue.jpg

wschilawski

Returned from an amazing trip to Windrock Park in Tennessee last week. Took about 12 hours to drive down there with all the stops, wheeled 3 days straight, spent a night in Nashville, and then headed back to Green Bay.

The first trail day was spent doing mostly green trails to take in the stunning views this park has to offer. The second day was used to do a few green trails into the blue trails, hitting a few black diamonds. On the final day, we all put in 14 hours doing blue and black trails. I definitely pushed Double Deuce harder than ever before, threading the needle through trees, over rocks, through mud holes; extremely impressed.

All of us suffered some type of damage whether it be alternators, body damage, lug nuts missing, soft top door surrounds, over heating issues, you name it. But nobody suffered more than Juan, AKA El Rubicon. As he was about to go into one of the hairpin turns down the mountain, his tie rod end shear off, sending him into the guard rail, which was JUST installed 2 months prior. We were able to trailer it home and insurance will be paying for some of the repairs.

Overall, what an incredible trip and so many great memories - if you haven't been to Windrock, I high suggest you check it out!

Here are a few photos from the past week:

IMG_E1290.jpg

IMG_E1292.jpg

IMG_E1291.jpg

IMG_E1289.jpg

IMG_E1293.jpg

IMG_E1294.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_E1192.jpg

IMG_E1178.jpg

IMG_E1185.jpg

IMG_1069.JPG

wschilawski

After time going back and forth between my garage and the exhaust shop, the Pacesetter long tube headers and highflo cats are installed. I needed the shop to extract one bolt in the rear and finish up the few leaks I had.

These headers compliment the Super44 muffler nicely. When you hit around 3k RPM, the true "long-tube header sound" is unleashed; makes the 3.8 sound really nice! :eek:

I'm still up in the air about cutting into my hood and putting in a louver.

wschilawski

Hood louver was installed, I really dig the look of it, and it melts the snow pretty quick! :clap2:

I've been working with a buddy who has access to a waterjet who will be cutting out rock rings for Double Deuce.

Some of my designs to choose from:

RR4.JPG

Aluminum mockup:

rr2.jpg

RR1.jpg

RR3.jpg

He's placing an order for steel in the upcoming weeks and should be cut in time for nice weather. Will repaint the wheels black and the face of the ring silver; should do the trick :thumb:

Couldn't pass up an opportunity for a quick photo of DD clean for once:

2.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Hood louver was installed, I really dig the look of it, and it melts the snow pretty quick! :clap2:

I've been working with a buddy who has access to a waterjet who will be cutting out rock rings for Double Deuce.

Some of my designs to choose from:

View attachment 322779

Aluminum mockup:

View attachment 322780

View attachment 322781

View attachment 322782

He's placing an order for steel in the upcoming weeks and should be cut in time for nice weather. Will repaint the wheels black and the face of the ring silver; should do the trick :thumb:

Couldn't pass up an opportunity for a quick photo of DD clean for once:

View attachment 322783

Are you sure you want to add all that weight to your wheels? What are you trying to accomplish with the rings?

Top Bottom