I feel so superior without even trying.

Twist

I love when people come here and ask for advice, then argue and get all indignant when they receive advice that doesn't reinforce what they are hoping to hear. :rolleyes2:
Do you even know what indignant means? post it up where I have done so.

Twist

This brings up a good point. If he completely drained all the fluids from his Jeep completely, gas, coolant and all oils from the engine, transfer case and diffs, that would lighten things up significantly. I can’t even begin to calculate the performance gains there. I wonder if he’s considered paper mache rather than the overly bulky stock metal body? Just brainstorming here.
Friend of OverlanderJK's I see. :D

Twist

Trying to think if there’s any videos out there where a bunch of JL’s do some pretty decent wheeling on stock skids[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah their are plenty and a BIG reason why I want to ditch them. Jeep should have their arse kicked for those cheesy cross member to frame mounts. They must have been trying to save weight or something :cheesy:

longarmwj

Telling. Another friend of OverlanderJK I see. Please buzz away and thankyou in advance. :D

Most everybody on here and in this thread are friends over OverlanderJK sooooo.......

For the weight savings you’re talking, you’re putting the strength of the vital parts at risk. Do you really want to end up crushing the rocker panel or front/rear because you sprung for lighter weight options that can’t take as much of a hit as steel? When the trails get tough, I would much prefer steel over softer aluminum.

It would be like having a chastity belt made of tissue paper. As soon as things get hard the material choice’s shortcomings become very apparent..

fiend

Caught the Bug
good post. As mentioned the video isnt real world but it does give you and idea of how stout it otherwise is. It has the same exact frame mounts as the signature series that all agree is a pretty great rocker. Yeah welding is likely better but I'm definately not doing that.

This is incorrect. The Signature slider attaches to the frame, either bolted or welded. The Destroyer attaches to the body. Do some research about what that means for strength. Anyway, if you want the Destroyers, just buy them and enjoy.

Twist

Most everybody on here and in this thread are friends over OverlanderJK sooooo.......

For the weight savings you’re talking, you’re putting the strength of the vital parts at risk. Do you really want to end up crushing the rocker panel or front/rear because you sprung for lighter weight options that can’t take as much of a hit as steel? When the trails get tough, I would much prefer steel over softer aluminum.

It would be like having a chastity belt made of tissue paper. As soon as things get hard the material choice’s shortcomings become very apparent..

It would explain some of the douche-e posts...sooooo. :D

I guess I'm not getting through to SOME of you guys. I get that it wont be as strong as a signature series model nor will the signature series be strong then another stouter model. I dont need that kind of strength for what I'm doing. To cut to the chase does anyone have experience with the model in the video. If not, please refrain from telling me to go to something I really dont need. And if one does make a comment make it similar to the chastity belt, at least that was funny!! :cheesy:

Again, I'll keep it simple. Video model: do you know from personal experience if it's good or suck-e. I dont need to know what you dont know, I already know that from reading. :D All I know now is LOD themselves say it's pretty good, and the fork lift test. lol

Twist

This is incorrect. The Signature slider attaches to the frame, either bolted or welded. The Destroyer attaches to the body. Do some research about what that means for strength. Anyway, if you want the Destroyers, just buy them and enjoy.

I have done the research and the reason I posted it. The only reason I would be wrong is if their website is wrong. I will check again and verify it one more time. If it's to the body I dont want it.

Edit: I checked and I am correct. Bolts to the frame and zero body mounts.

Here you go:
https://lodoffroad.com/assets/pdfs/JRS1814INS.pdf

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Again, I'll keep it simple. Video model: do you know from personal experience if it's good or suck-e. I dont need to know what you dont know, I already know that from reading. :D All I know now is LOD themselves say it's pretty good, and the fork lift test. lol

You don’t get it. You don’t get to tell everyone else, especially the moderators I. E. Overlander, what they can and can’t say. This is not your personal Facebook page. Disagreement is cool. Do your thing, buy what you want . But no one is going to stop busting your balls if they think your opinion is ridiculous. I can promise you that Wayalife doesn’t have a safe space or participation trophies. Lots of other forums if this one doesn’t let you feel entitled. LOD signiture series are good sliders that I didn’t feel any difference in performance once installed. Maybe it was just my Jeep that could handle the extra 40 lbs. who knows?

DESH

18 JLUR Lightweight

If you’ve done the research then why keep arguing? STFU and buy what you want. Honestly if you don’t like what you hear, be a grown up and buy what you want.. thank you

fiend

Caught the Bug

Twist

You don’t get it. You don’t get to tell everyone else, especially the moderators I. E. Overlander, what they can and can’t say. This is not your personal Facebook page. Disagreement is cool. Do your thing, buy what you want . But no one is going to stop busting your balls if they think your opinion is ridiculous. I can promise you that Wayalife doesn’t have a safe space or participation trophies. Lots of other forums if this one doesn’t let you feel entitled. LOD signiture series are good sliders that I didn’t feel any difference in performance once installed. Maybe it was just my Jeep that could handle the extra 40 lbs. who knows?
Ah no you dont get it, I do get to tell everyone their opinion and high school (make that grade school) comments are ridiculous and to buzz away and thankyou for doing so. So right back atchya. :clap2:

I'm ok with disagreement but silly meaningless comments you bet I will yap and make fun of. Are you holding their hand by commenting for them? :D Guys who know nothing of the rocker guard making silly comments about it AND not even watching the video.

Keep the ball busting coming, but only if funny or at least marginally witty. Otherwise I'm going to bust balls back. Oh, and I bet your jeep is fat and your just sensitive about it. :D I liked you 40lb comment so you have it in you. Hats off. lol

Overlander is a moderator?.....:cheesy: I was laughing before, now laughing harder. :cheesy:

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
How about this? Use your skull for a skid plate. I don’t know about weight savings, but it’s certainly thick enough. Nobody’s going to “buzz” away because you say so, you clueless fuck knuckle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom