NFL 2017 Whos your team

Ddays

Hooked
Holy shit. Rams no joke they brought it. And what a bs call for the steelers what is nfl coming too

This is not sour grapes but I sure hope they clarify what a catch actually is.

I thought once the ball crossed the plane, boom, play over TD. if that was a running play that's a sure TD. Refs have been negating a lot of catches this year. I don't get it.

Battle Born JK

I thought once the ball crossed the plane, boom, play over TD. if that was a running play that's a sure TD. Refs have been negating a lot of catches this year. I don't get it.
I honestly have to think not even the referees dont even know what the f...they are doing this year

Ddays

Hooked
This is a scenario that has been driving me crazy for years and I just don't get it:

Punt situation. Player is standing in the end zone and reaches across the goal line to down the ball on the one yard line. Is it placed there? Nope. Its a touch-back because he has established his position in the end zone.

Pass play. Receiver is standing in the end zone catches the ball with both feet in the end zone but his hands are not across the goal line. TD? Nope.

:thinking:

BobNH

I think they have. Two full steps while controlling the ball, or failing that, i.e. diving, maintaining control when you hit the gound. It seems pretty clear at least. A runner already has posession; the recevier does not until those two conditions are met. They'll just have to "tuck" that one away for future reference... ;)
I watched hardly any of the game. Some at the end of the half, and a few minutes aftwr half. Flipped back later at 24-16, didn't realize they came back though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Brute

Hooked
That call back on the Steelers was the correct call. The rule is lame, but it was the correct call.

Roger that...had he not tried to stretch into the end zone, most likely it would have resulted in a reception on the half yard line...and a qb sneak ensuing

JAGS

Hooked
Carr sucks this season. Blame the injury if you want, but the injury was to his back, not his brain.

And the papergate call is just insane. But the silver and black had a clear chance to win at the end, and didn't.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Carr sucks this season. Blame the injury if you want, but the injury was to his back, not his brain.

And the papergate call is just insane. But the silver and black had a clear chance to win at the end, and didn't.
I agree. He hasn't been anywhere near the level of qb he was last year. Unfortunate but hopefully this year was a fluke

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

My Lions are still in the hunt! Need to win out. Got the Bengals on the road and the Packers at home. Going to be tough as always against the Pack especially now with Rodgers back and by then he will have a few games back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
That call back on the Steelers was the correct call. The rule is lame, but it was the correct call.

Roger that...had he not tried to stretch into the end zone, most likely it would have resulted in a reception on the half yard line...and a qb sneak ensuing

Yup, no dispute that the rule was applied correctly. Unfortunately the rule needs amending. This has been happening entirely too much every weekend all year long.

Brute

Hooked
Yup, no dispute that the rule was applied correctly. Unfortunately the rule needs amending. This has been happening entirely too much every weekend all year long.

I feel your pain...at least your team is in the playoffs...

Ddays

Hooked
I feel your pain...at least your team is in the playoffs...

Yeah, as you did, I honestly expected way more from the Raiders this year. Picking up Lynch and getting Carr back made them look great on paper. Hopefully Carr can get it together.

RedPool

The Jags are surprising me this year. According to the NFL site, they have the #3 defense but the #19 offense. I don't have enough faith in Bortles to improve and once in the playoffs, the defense will have to work that much harder to help cover for the offense. Sadly, I think they will be finishing the season after the first game. On a positive note, Coughlin's presence can be seen in the way they play. Reminiscent of his first tour in Jax.

Top Bottom