Overlanding Gear

GCM 2

i'm starting to think a shelf with room underneath to put my camping totes in. and if not camping, i can throw other junk in there like all the stuff underneath my rear seat. been keeping my tow straps, winch remote and tool bag under the seat . plus it might act as a mini security deck. those racks are nice, but i can see getting stuff in and out of the fridge could be a pain.

This might be the only one out there that can sit high enough to have a fridge sit beneath it. Found it on poly performance's website under interior accessories, it's actually made by Synergy. If you are running a Trektop of any kind, the basket may interfere with the rear window from being able to be completely zip closed, due to the tops slant back design.

image-4269282392.jpg

image-2209313747.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I cannot think of one cargo basket that will allow a fridge to fit underneath, and that's even without using the ARB fridge slide (which is pretty awesome). Most of the fridges are just too tall. I ran a rack made by Kilby for many years, not sure what the weight rating was, but I regularly had 100-150lbs worth of gear on it with no issues. Kind of regretting that I gave it away.......

/QUOTE]

Agreed. Thus I've been designing my own to build, which will allow the fridge to sit in the back and allow for some secured storage in the remaining area.

i think this genright one is interesting, except for the price tag. 500 bucks seems a bit steep. but i'm leaning towards something like this after thinking about it. but looking at it, i don't know if a fridge would fit
PP-JKPPT4S_md.jpg

pvanweelden

Here's a pic of the synergy rack, but in a jku. As Greg mentioned, won't work with a trektop, but should be able to get a fridge under it- you would definitely want the slider option tho :)

View attachment synergyrackjku.bmp

pretty sure a fridge won't fit under that genright shelf since it isn't taller than the subwoofer.

dwvninety

4 essential products I take with me since I usually spend 2 weeks in the wilderness camping.

Fridge
Fridge.jpg

Generator
Generator.jpg

Stove and Grill
Stove.jpg

Water Heater (can't go longer than 4 days without a shower)
Water Heater.jpg

olram30

Here's a pic of the synergy rack, but in a jku. As Greg mentioned, won't work with a trektop, but should be able to get a fridge under it- you would definitely want the slider option tho :)

View attachment 97160

pretty sure a fridge won't fit under that genright shelf since it isn't taller than the subwoofer.

i want a trek top, but i was thinking of the fridge on top with totes and junk underneath.

pvanweelden

^ that would work :)
The top of the seat belt housing is at 19" so judging by the pics the synergy should leave enough room for the arb under it- my rotopax mount is at 20" for reference
1409002345449.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

GCM 2

i want a trek top, but i was thinking of the fridge on top with totes and junk underneath.

Now that I understand you want to run the fridge on top of the rack! here is something to else consider and I bet you are probably already thinking about the height from the basket to the roll bar. On the Kilby rack I used, it would not be possible to open the fridge without taking it off the rack because of roll bar interference. During the 2011 JKX Eddie was looking at my cargo rack and I want to say that was the main reason for him not using any of the cargo area baskets out at the time, he could not get the ARB to work either on top or beneath.

Captain obvious here- Maybe if you could find the one that sits the lowest and mount the fridge slide.......:idontknow:

olram30

Now that I understand you want to run the fridge on top of the rack! here is something to else consider and I bet you are probably already thinking about the height from the basket to the roll bar. On the Kilby rack I used, it would not be possible to open the fridge without taking it off the rack because of roll bar interference. During the 2011 JKX Eddie was looking at my cargo rack and I want to say that was the main reason for him not using any of the cargo area baskets out at the time, he could not get the ARB to work either on top or beneath.

Captain obvious here- Maybe if you could find the one that sits the lowest and mount the fridge slide.......:idontknow:

i looked more into that thing. genright doesnt even make it, some company called plastix plus. also wouldn't clear the evo trail table. the search continues, maybe i'll wait to see what MTG does.:hmm:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Pricey as hell, but I think the ARB locking drawers with the fridge slide on top would be nice.

I wish they made the drawers about half the height. Then you could still put a dog back there.

GCM 2

Pricey as hell, but I think the ARB locking drawers with the fridge slide on top would be nice.

I wish they made the drawers about half the height. Then you could still put a dog back there.

The ARB two door sponsors rig on the 2012 JKX had this exact set up you mentioned. Despite the amount of room it takes up, it really works well since it organizes much of he stuff we typically keep in soft tool bags or "action packer" gear boxes. In the end it appeared the two door ARB rig was not short of space for gear. I think the Daystar two door rig also had a similar set up, and I know Macs Tie Downs makes a really nice light weight aluminum drawer/box for JK's (see below photo)

image-403182344.jpg

olram30

dang, i over looked one thing on a platform to put the fridge on. i'm only 5'7". i would need a ladder to get any drinks out of it. :doh:

JAGS

Hooked
I cannot think of one cargo basket that will allow a fridge to fit underneath, and that's even without using the ARB fridge slide (which is pretty awesome). Most of the fridges are just too tall. I ran a rack made by Kilby for many years, not sure what the weight rating was, but I regularly had 100-150lbs worth of gear on it with no issues. Kind of regretting that I gave it away.......

/QUOTE]

Agreed. Thus I've been designing my own to build, which will allow the fridge to sit in the back and allow for some secured storage in the remaining area.

What's the height of the ARB? Don't have one...yet.

- Jason

Top Bottom