New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
well this is good news indeed have been looking at oh so many options in regards to just how I wanted to carry that spare , with 20' rim and a 35 ' tire it is by no means lightweight and I know that stock one isn't going to hold out for long so replacement is a must .. an while I have considered bumper mounted my options are limited because of the roof rack which is frame mounted so a stubby rear or drill through it are my choices and not finding one I liked enough my other choice is obvious a hd carrier that is pretty much same as stock .. this will solve my issue of wanting something made in the good ole USA and that will hold what I got :thumb::thumb::thumb: now just gotta save the pennies up for it

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
well this is good news indeed have been looking at oh so many options in regards to just how I wanted to carry that spare , with 20' rim and a 35 ' tire it is by no means lightweight and I know that stock one isn't going to hold out for long so replacement is a must .. an while I have considered bumper mounted my options are limited because of the roof rack which is frame mounted so a stubby rear or drill through it are my choices and not finding one I liked enough my other choice is obvious a hd carrier that is pretty much same as stock .. this will solve my issue of wanting something made in the good ole USA and that will hold what I got :thumb::thumb::thumb: now just gotta save the pennies up for it

Odd my stock one has been holding fine for two years. I bet if it's isolated properly it won't break and then you won't need to upgrade your tire carrier.

jkruiser

I was ready to pull the trigger on the CC till I saw this...anxious to hear reviews on it from someone on here.

OhNoTheJiggies

I'm curious how these hinged carriers work so well compared to the stock hinges and tire carrier... I know of the material strength and obviously built better, but how is it that the stock ones sag over time but these don't?

I just don't really understand the engineering behind it.
Anyone care to help me understand it a little better?

boardsurfer

I'm curious how these hinged carriers work so well compared to the stock hinges and tire carrier... I know of the material strength and obviously built better, but how is it that the stock ones sag over time but these don't?

I just don't really understand the engineering behind it.
Anyone care to help me understand it a little better?

The stock carrier is just bolted to the middle of the tailgate. All that weight pulls on the sheet metal. With this style, the carrier is integrated to the hinges which takes the weight off the sheet metal and puts it on the hinges which is reinforced from the factory. The tailgate has spot welds inside which can pop under the weight from the stock carrier if you run a heavy wheel/tire combo.

OhNoTheJiggies

The stock carrier is just bolted to the middle of the tailgate. All that weight pulls on the sheet metal. With this style, the carrier is integrated to the hinges which takes the weight off the sheet metal and puts it on the hinges which is reinforced from the factory. The tailgate has spot welds inside which can pop under the weight from the stock carrier if you run a heavy wheel/tire combo.

So instead of all the weight being on the carrier that is attached to sheet metal, then that sheet metal attaching to the hinge... It just connects it all together to be nice and sturdy. Got it! Thank you!

MattMc

Ordered mine yesterday. The dude I talked to on the phone said that the non-powder coated ones are ready to ship, but the powder coated ones are taking a few days to ship.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ordered mine yesterday. The dude I talked to on the phone said that the non-powder coated ones are ready to ship, but the powder coated ones are taking a few days to ship.

Nothing against evo, but I would have it coated yourself once you get it.

Benito

Caught the Bug

I have to agree with hinrichs here. I almost want to sell my crawler concepts, pick this up and match it to the jeep. Give a really clean look I think.

toxicwaste29

Ive been waiting for the past year or so since I heard evo is coming out with one. Looks like I can finally be ordering it.

Journeyman

I called Evo on Tuesday they informed me they were shipping this week. I didn't ask specifically though about bare versus powder coated though. I'm going to order one next week, I'll keep this thread posted when I get it in my hands. I finally got the some insurance money from the jack ass that rear ended me!

MattMc

I have to agree with hinrichs here. I almost want to sell my crawler concepts, pick this up and match it to the jeep. Give a really clean look I think.

I didn't even consider this. I can understand having it done yourself if you want a color other than black, but I like black.

Is there another reason to have it done locally?

boardsurfer

I havent seen anyone receiving theirs yet, but I got mine in today. Here are some first impressions. The attachment wont let me put them in order so you'll just get this big pile of pictures. There are some shots of the welds, the integrated antenna mount (nice touch!) and general shots. If this thing fails or cracks in any way I would be shocked. Note that there are 3 slots for bolting on the actual tire carrier piece as opposed two slots on the Crawler Concepts. I'm sure the CC piece is plenty strong but that bit is what was holding me back.
There are welds everywhere. Absolutely solid.

Shipping weight is 48lbs but it sure feels like a lot more. I'll put it on this weekend and report back if anyone is interested.

http://imgur.com/vo30JYb

Attachments

• IMG_1014.jpg
    IMG_1014.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 888
  • IMG_1015.jpg
    IMG_1015.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 884
  • IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 903
  • IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 871
  • IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 864
  • IMG_1021.jpg
    IMG_1021.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 998
  • IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 990
  • IMG_1023.jpg
    IMG_1023.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 903

WJCO

Meme King
I havent seen anyone receiving theirs yet, but I got mine in today. Here are some first impressions. The attachment wont let me put them in order so you'll just get this big pile of pictures. There are some shots of the welds, the integrated antenna mount (nice touch!) and general shots. If this thing fails or cracks in any way I would be shocked. Note that there are 3 slots for bolting on the actual tire carrier piece as opposed two slots on the Crawler Concepts. I'm sure the CC piece is plenty strong but that bit is what was holding me back.

Shipping weight is 48lbs but it sure feels like a lot more. I'll put it on this weekend and report back if anyone is interested.

Good looking carrier.

jkruiser

Thanks for the pics, waiting for mines to arrive, ordered a couple of weeks ago. Let's see them mounted!

benatc1

Hooked

looks solid for sure, I may look at going this route instead of the big boy EVO tire carrier/corners. looking forward to hearing about the install and seeing it all together.

MattMc

Mine got delivered today, but I'm at work. Will take a look at it tomorrow. Possibly install this weekend, or next.

Top Bottom