What's in your Jeep tool kit?

WJCO

Meme King
Wishing everyone a fantastic beginning to the new year!
As my 18 JL Rubicon hits 70k miles, I’m keen on refining the tools I bring for off-roading. Currently on stock suspension, I’m noticing wear and tear on various parts. Seeking advice from this community, I’d appreciate recommendations on essential tools to carry without turning my Jeep into a mobile tool cart. Thanks for the help!
Merged here. Enjoy.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I picked this up for a specific task on a Job site, but ended up not needing it... I think I may keep it for working on the Jeep though.. Sometimes my M18 impact is too big for tight spaces... Anyone have one of these and think it's worth keeping?

View attachment 403223
I have the 3/8 ratchet that I use a lot for the Jeep. I feel like this would break your wrist if it has enough torque the way you have to hold it though. Lol

WJCO

Meme King
I picked this up for a specific task on a Job site, but ended up not needing it... I think I may keep it for working on the Jeep though.. Sometimes my M18 impact is too big for tight spaces... Anyone have one of these and think it's worth keeping?
Trade it for the one with the less bulky head in my opinion. Picture below. Useful for all kinds of things. Good for taking hard top off the Jeep too with a wobble extension. Just keep your other hand (left, in your case) between the ratchet head and glass so you don't accidentally hit it.
Screenshot_20240305-210625.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Trade it for the one with the less bulky head in my opinion. Picture below. Useful for all kinds of things. Good for taking hard top off the Jeep too with a wobble extension. Just keep your other hand (left, in your case) between the ratchet head and glass so you don't accidentally hit it.
View attachment 403230
Thats the one I’ve been wanting.. and 55ft lbs is pretty good for most things. But now I’m thinking the 220ft lbs would be helpful in breaking loose Suspension bolts and such. I’m gonna keep it… and get the smaller one also. 👍🏽

Top Bottom