Highway wind noise from hard top

rayzjeep

Anyone measure the levels of wind noise they're getting at highway speeds?
Using Sound Meter android app I'm getting 77db at 75mph but just in general it seems quite a bit louder than my JKU was.
I've tried adjusting the freedom panels and making sure the windshield bolts are tight but nothing seems to help.
It doesn't feel like there's any air entering the Jeep so it just may be an unresolvable aerodynamics thing but I wanted to see what everyone else was experiencing.

WJCO

Meme King
Never really noticed the wind noise here in Colorado. But every time we drive to Kansas, it's fucking crazy loud. Never measured with a device though, I just assumed it was a Kansas thing.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Anyone measure the levels of wind noise they're getting at highway speeds?
Using Sound Meter android app I'm getting 77db at 75mph but just in general it seems quite a bit louder than my JKU was.
I've tried adjusting the freedom panels and making sure the windshield bolts are tight but nothing seems to help.
It doesn't feel like there's any air entering the Jeep so it just may be an unresolvable aerodynamics thing but I wanted to see what everyone else was experiencing.

Probably just something that comes with the territory. It’s a Jeep, that’s not wind noise it’s freedom flowing all around you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rayzjeep

Never really noticed the wind noise here in Colorado. But every time we drive to Kansas, it's fucking crazy loud. Never measured with a device though, I just assumed it was a Kansas thing.

Yeah...I live in Kansas...it's definitely windy more days than not here.

But when it is calm, 70mph seems a bit louder than the JK is all. Probably just being picky since this rig costs so much coin.

jdofmemi

If it makes too much noise with the hard top on, take it off.
I'm not sure it will fix the noise, but it will definitely fix that attitude that makes you worry about the noise.

Bustedback

I know of a guy that had a new JLU with terrible wind noise. The dealer replaced every weather strip, the windshield twice, packed foam anywhere they could, but never seemed to get it fixed. FCA bought it back.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

Top Bottom