INSIDE LOOK at CODEX - The Dynatrac 2-Door Extra Cab Hellcat Gladiator Truck Build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Almost done...

20190515195354-f86e1baa-me.jpg

20190515195358-589f3077-me.jpg

20190515195340-c5d81345-me.jpg

20190515195346-f3ee755a-me.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Well...when I first heard that they were going to make a two door pickup with a Hellcat, I was envisioning a bad ass stretched version of my JK6 with a Gladiator bed...better breakover angle, maybe a bobbed bed for better departure...and it would have resembled a full blown race truck...and I really would have dug that.

But a shorter camper truck?...you would have been better off building a rig like Mel Wade did for camping...and it would have been cool to have the big ass engine to boot...but to go through the expense and time to build this missed the mark.

Good thing they opted for the larger fuel cell...my JK6 only gets between 140-150 mile range with a 20 gal tank...and it only weighs 5300 lbs...

Sigh.............

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Honestly, I REALLY don’t like or get this build and it’s difficult for me to come up with something positive to say but I will try:

The batwing awning on top of the dog catcher box is definitely sweet.

jwalt

I can appreciate all the hard work both in the body and electrical on this. But as many others have said, I don't care for it. When I see a "toolbox" type bed I think of service truck. Really this could have been made from a JLU right after code 1. A bobbed bed desert runner with the hellcat engine with dynatrac axles that hold up to the abuse would have been more my style as an extremely awesome build or mor of the simple build like Mel from EVO did. I hope it gets them the attention they are after but not my really my style. The rooftop overlander is the rage right now and is getting over-done. I prefer intuitive useful designs that I could buy/build and dream about while I work my 60 hour weeks in the shop to pay for my Jeep.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Hemi is cool but that shell does remind me of a dog catcher box. Maybe put it on 40’s and that might help.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
so much $$$

and not anything I would be interested in either. I saw a gladiator built up by savvy that was much closer to the mark with the tire mounted in the cab like the Brute. Much more my style.

CODEX : INSIDE LOOK of the Dynatrac 2-Door Extra Cab Hellcat Gladiator Truck Build

That thing had so much potential and completely fell flat. Not sure what the goal was, but that is pretty bad. At no point does that make me want to buy a gladiator or build anything close to it.

Toats mahgoats.

Very AEVish/Earthroamery but missed the mark for me as well.
We’ll see. It may grow on me

Last edited:

_R700_

This is a really strange build to me. Separately I love Dynatracs products and Patriot Camper's products.

As an Aussie living in Aust I am very familiar with PCOR's products and know they are high qaulity and industry leading. I am also aware that they have been trying to break into the US market for a couple of years now, and what better way to do it than to build a Jeep for overlanding.

However, i feel that this could have been done much better...

Dynatrac are no doubt capable of building a great rig. But to partner with PCOR, who are already trying to expland their offering in the US, and for them to supply what essentially looks like a rear tray/bed and canopy designed for Toyota Hilux/Tacoma (or possibly even a Ford Ranger), and then have Dynatrac cut down a Jeep to make it all fit seems stupid. PCOR should have desinged the rear setup around a Jeep!!

Obviously they are working against the clock to have it ready for Overland Expo but seriously from these pics it looks like so many corners are being cut to make it all work.

Top Bottom