What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Miramontes

My Jeep shut down and would not start. I took it in to the dealer. They replaced the fuse box and got it running. I took it home with the Superchips Traildash unplugged. The next time I start it I plug in the Traildash and it shut down. Now it will not start with it unplugged or plugged in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

It shut down immediately when you plugged it in? What does it do now? Crank? Dash come on? Etc.
check for blown fuses.

JKbrick

My Jeep shut down and would not start. I took it in to the dealer. They replaced the fuse box and got it running. I took it home with the Superchips Traildash unplugged. The next time I start it I plug in the Traildash and it shut down. Now it will not start with it unplugged or plugged in.

Did they replace the TIPM? That is the fuse box and more under it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

The dash lights come on. Once I turn the key it clicks. No start.

Mine is all F’ed up at the moment too, but it’s opposite. It starts and runs but the dash is dead and all kinds of other shit. If it should be off it’s on and if it should be on it’s off

limon_three

60040868627__DE762525-E8C3-4268-A40C-BC67325B5992.jpg

hearing a clicking noise. not sure what it is. thought for a second it was alternator. but it’s not...atleast don’t thing so. could it be spark plugs?

how would i check a grounding issue?

I didn’t say a grounding issue I said if your spark is grounding itself. Which means the spark is taking another path rather than through the spark plug. In response to your question of if the noise you hear is “the spark plugs.” If the spark is grounding it makes a “snap” noise and causes a misfire and a check engine light. So if you don’t have a misfire or a check engine light, it’s likely not a spark issue.

Elroy231

Went out playing in the snow today.
4 low wants to pop out. Kinda grinds in every gear. Reverse included
When in 4 hi its slightly better but will t case will disengage still. Cant keep it in 2nd gear with out pressure even in 4 hi. The bottom gears 2nd, 4th and reverse all seam to be out of place. I have to push the stick down pretty hard to find them. The stick itself seams a couple inches lower now too.
It did get me off the trail and back to the shop. Everything is packed with snow so I cant get. Good look till it drys, but my skid plate is in place and nothing immediately appears out of place.
99 tj 4.0. Its lifted about 5 inches with a 2 inch drop for the skid plate. Everything is stock.
Any ideas what I'm looking to fix?

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Went out playing in the snow today.
4 low wants to pop out. Kinda grinds in every gear. Reverse included
When in 4 hi its slightly better but will t case will disengage still. Cant keep it in 2nd gear with out pressure even in 4 hi. The bottom gears 2nd, 4th and reverse all seam to be out of place. I have to push the stick down pretty hard to find them. The stick itself seams a couple inches lower now too.
It did get me off the trail and back to the shop. Everything is packed with snow so I cant get. Good look till it drys, but my skid plate is in place and nothing immediately appears out of place.
99 tj 4.0. Its lifted about 5 inches with a 2 inch drop for the skid plate. Everything is stock.
Any ideas what I'm looking to fix?

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

The stick is actually lower? That doesn’t sound good dude

Top Bottom