Craziest Obstacle

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s pretty steep looking. Am still trying to figure out what area of the park that is. Is it to the right after the checkpoint and down the little hill at entry?

It’s around the back side of the quarry between the quarry and the field. After you climb any of the lines inside of the quarry, you end up on that upper trail, follow that around back.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

IMG_5595.jpg
One would be The Gauntlet at Morris Mountain. Here’s a picture of the easy part sadly no pictures of the hard section. It being wet didn’t help.
IMG_5943.jpg
IMG_5951.jpg
Another would be this unnamed trail at Choccolocco. What you can’t see in the picture is the undercut rock ledge you have to get up on top of. The way the driver side was set up made it hard to get driver and it ended up with me teetering and having to pull cable

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
For me so far is the rattler waterfall climb at SMORR. It didn’t feel too bad although it was pretty steep.
https://youtu.be/reLe_nQv3MQ

That is one obstacle that I seen in videos from time to time where it’s just hard to believe a Jeep can make it up. You definitely made it look easy walking right up it but I’ve seen others turn it into a cringeworthy scene. [emoji1303]

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
My craziest obstacle is my wife whenever the Jeep is getting too spendy. Jeep is sending me a badge of honor for my credit card.
Seriously though, I had an old chevy pickup as a (dumb) teen and somehow thought it would be a good idea to cross a shallow pond with a big hill on the other side. Turns out not so shallow.
The hood was higher than my shoulders and that ended up just below the water line. Luckiest day ever because I panicked and just floored it, making it across and up the hill without filling the engine with frogs and pond water. :icon_crazy:

My craziest obstacle is my wife whenever the Jeep is getting too spendy. Jeep is sending me a badge of honor for my credit card.
Seriously though, I had an old chevy pickup as a (dumb) teen and somehow thought it would be a good idea to cross a shallow pond with a big hill on the other side. Turns out not so shallow.
The hood was higher than my shoulders and that ended up just below the water line. Luckiest day ever because I panicked and just floored it, making it across and up the hill without filling the engine with frogs and pond water. :icon_crazy:

I do whatever I can to bypass the “wife” obstacle. Not even Mel can get through that one.

jjlong

The trail I will never forget was a Little Rock hill in Johnson Valley. It couldn't have been longer than 50 yd but I ended up having to winch twice and I did everything I could to not stick my hand out the window to catch myself from flopping over.

Attachments

• 20170207_114016.jpg
    20170207_114016.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 20170207_122627.jpg
    20170207_122627.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 170

desertrunner

I have had a few but 2 most notable both in my old jeep.
1st pic is somewhere in CO can't remember the trail name but an obstacle called the rock pile. Gave really good photo op but if you start sliding any direction it gets real sketchy.
2nd is hell's gate in Moab this was my first time going up it and no one in my group had ever done it so I let a spotter from the previous group that just did it spot me up. What I failed to mention was it was a stick shift and my E brake cable snapped the day prior. For those that have done it about 3/4 the way up if you don't want your passenger side tire to come up so high you can stop back up a smidge and turn a little which is what my spotter tried to tell me to do. Last I remember is my tire coming up the spotter yelling for me to stop me yelling back no. All in all it turned out fine and I made it to the top but sucked up a whole lotta seat cushion

FB_IMG_1551400271579.jpeg

FB_IMG_1551400298440.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TaterChip

That Feeling is what I chase.....every single weekend, that’s why I wheel

My local stomping grounds is Disney Oklahoma, I am blessed. The park has SEVERAL pucker points for wheelers of all levels. There is one part of the park that really does it for me... it’s called “Waterfall”, it’s a steep climb with flowing water that a lot of people are too scared to try, that’s why I love it. When a crowd gathers around to watch you climb it’s a thrill! Makes it worth the body damage [emoji12] IMG_1034.jpg IMG_1021.JPG IMG_1131.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

My local stomping grounds is Disney Oklahoma, I am blessed. The park has SEVERAL pucker points for wheelers of all levels. There is one part of the park that really does it for me... it’s called “Waterfall”, it’s a steep climb with flowing water that a lot of people are too scared to try, that’s why I love it. When a crowd gathers around to watch you climb it’s a thrill! Makes it worth the body damage [emoji12] View attachment 322098 View attachment 322101 View attachment 322102

I’ve been wanting to hit Disney! Maybe I’ll have to meet you up there later this year.

wibornz

When I head West from Michigan, Disney OK is on my list as a place to stop and wheel. Very cool looking from vids that I have seen there.

wjtstudios

Hooked

My local stomping grounds is Disney Oklahoma, I am blessed. The park has SEVERAL pucker points for wheelers of all levels. There is one part of the park that really does it for me... it’s called “Waterfall”, it’s a steep climb with flowing water that a lot of people are too scared to try, that’s why I love it. When a crowd gathers around to watch you climb it’s a thrill! Makes it worth the body damage [emoji12] View attachment 322098 View attachment 322101 View attachment 322102

Great pictures and nice driven! I’d love to make it down there. You should start a new thread and give us a wave! Welcome from Detroit

BeefyAF

W O W [emoji1316][emoji1316]

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I think my biggest two pucker moments were both in Moab. Unfortunately I don’t think I have any good pictures of either spot.
First was on Rusty Nail getting lined up to come down No Left Turn. I was on my 37s and didn’t have hydro assist yet, so it took a solid 10 point turn with my front driver tire getting as close to the edge as we could each time without going over.

Second was somewhere between Poison Spyder Mesa and the Golden crack. Thought I had my wits about me and went over a boulder to find that the other side was about a massive drop for the driver tire to the downward slope. Luckily I had enough sense to stop calmly when I felt the tire leave the ground and we were teetering. Took a winch backwards to get me out of that one.

jdofmemi

I think my biggest two pucker moments were both in Moab. Unfortunately I don’t think I have any good pictures of either spot.
First was on Rusty Nail getting lined up to come down No Left Turn. I was on my 37s and didn’t have hydro assist yet, so it took a solid 10 point turn with my front driver tire getting as close to the edge as we could each time without going over.

Second was somewhere between Poison Spyder Mesa and the Golden crack. Thought I had my wits about me and went over a boulder to find that the other side was about a massive drop for the driver tire to the downward slope. Luckily I had enough sense to stop calmly when I felt the tire leave the ground and we were teetering. Took a winch backwards to get me out of that one.

A lot of moments like that miss getting photographed due to there being more important things going on, like saving your ass. Once things calm down, you usually hear "Damn, I wish I had a picture of that"

TheGrendel

A lot of moments like that miss getting photographed due to there being more important things going on, like saving your ass. Once things calm down, you usually hear "Damn, I wish I had a picture of that"

Had one this past weekend where the lead driver had to back up the trail we were on because it was too washed out for our vehicles the farther we went. I’m talking him back and his was riding the wall on one side completely flexed on the other. Great picture moment with the lighting in the right spot.

But I was focused on leading him out of there. Then I was like. Damn I should have stopped you for one second. That would have been a cover photo.

Top Bottom