WTF - 368 HP 2.0L Turbo I4 JL Wrangler??

Fishstyx

Said more like around 300 which still is good

That makes more sense. I just sold a Ford Focus ST that had a 2.0l ecoboost turbo that put out less than 300HP. I also have a BMW 328 also with a 2.0l turbo four that puts out about 255hp. Any number north of 300hp on 2.0l has to be pushing between 16-20lbs of boost and with a lot of boost comes a lot of heat and that would my biggest concern wheeling on a hot day.

I'm no so concerned about torque or lag. These modern turbo engines can reach near max torque sub 2000rpm.

kawimoto

In order for a 2.0 to produce those numbers either it has to be boosted to 20lbs or it needs to be spinning 12k rpms... either way it's not going to be something you want to do on a daily basis, let alone every time you accelerate from a light. Plus trying to wheel delicately while also keeping the turbo spooled up will be a challenge. It sounds really gimmicky to me, but I hope they pull it off though!
This ^^^ especially in a manual trans....not practical. diesel low end torque and/or v8 swaps will still reign supreme. no 4 cylinder can complete with the low rpm torque that they produce. usable torque is all that matters for us

Exodus 4x4

This ^^^ especially in a manual trans....not practical. diesel low end torque and/or v8 swaps will still reign supreme. no 4 cylinder can complete with the low rpm torque that they produce. usable torque is all that matters for us

True, but I think it’ll be a good while before you see a JL with either of those, if ever. The JK is nice enough to still have manual shift linkages that easily cross over to the GM transmission. Also take into consideration all the other electronic features we haven’t see yet.

I’m sure somebody will do it but doubtful we’ll anything on the scale of what MoTech has accomplished with the JK.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I was reading the article about the JL Eddie linked to at the beginning of the thread. There's an additional article about the turbo 4 cylinder. According to it, the 4 cylinder won't be offered any time soon. They also seemed to think it may have even been a typo on FCAs submission form.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I was reading the article about the JL Eddie linked to at the beginning of the thread. There's an additional article about the turbo 4 cylinder. According to it, the 4 cylinder won't be offered any time soon. They also seemed to think it may have even been a typo on FCAs submission form.

No kidding??... Lol. My wife is thinking about a new jeep compass... So Ive been trying to sell her on the new JL with the 4cyl & better MPG , (she drives a lot for work). I’ve been sending her all the new pictures.... This is really going to hurt my sales pitch! Haha!

Last edited:

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
No kidding??... Lol. My wife is thinking about a new jeep compass... So Ive been trying to sell her on the new JL with the 4cyl & better MPG , (she drives a lot for work). I’ve been sending her all the new pictures.... This is really going to hurt my sales pitch! Haha!

you need a diesel 6:yup:

shrekmoose

Maybe a typo on FCAs part. Has anyone been able to confirm by the pictures the 2.0 4cyl is a gas motor. I'm still holding out hope for and inline 4 turbo diesel similar to the 2.8 CRD or baby dmax. Would much rather have that as opposed to the ecodiesel.

WJCO

Meme King
Maybe a typo on FCAs part. Has anyone been able to confirm by the pictures the 2.0 4cyl is a gas motor. I'm still holding out hope for and inline 4 turbo diesel similar to the 2.8 CRD or baby dmax. Would much rather have that as opposed to the ecodiesel.

It's gas. Pages from users manual say to use 91 octane as opposed to 87 for the 3.6l. User manual picture also does show a turbocharger, and under hood fluids include intercooler fluid.

Now there are rumors that the JT Scrambler Truck will have an option of a turbo diesel v6.

IMG_20171112_063641_688.jpg

IMG_20171112_063914_904.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom