How many miles are you guys getting on a full tank of gas?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Mine varies around town im getting between 270 an 300 , hit the highway an im 290-330 just depends on how heavy my foot is on any given tank , and like you am on 35's stock gears ,, biggest thing ive noticed is i get better mileage when i get out of Texas for what ever reason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's because Texas "waters down" the energy content of gasoline in hopes to somehow magically LOWER gasoline consumption... but at the end of the day Energy in = Energy out.... So In reality, we just have to stop and fill up more often... Thanks Politicians :doh:

There is an ethanol free gas station in Quanah TX that I stop at and fill up:

THERE you have it. Ethanol FREE gasoline is where you will see the TRUE fuel "efficiency" of a vehicle. Due to ethanol's lower energy content, Flex Fuel Vehicles operating on E85 get roughly 15% to 27% fewer miles per gallon than when operating on regular gasoline. Ethanol also has negative effects on fuel consumption when using ethanol "enriched" fuels in gasoline engines, the severity of which is dependent on the ethanol content. Generally in Texas, you will find most fuel contain 10% Ethanol, or 10/1

So when you purchase 10 gallons of fuel, (From a standard fuel station in Texas atleast) you are actually buying 9 gallons of petrol + 1 gallon of ethanol...

Last edited:

DMF

The OP said his fuel light comes on about 250-260 miles. The fuel lights in my Jeeps have typically come on with around 40 miles of fuel range left. That gives him about 300 miles of range. That’s not really bad, for his setup.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh yeah, well that makes sense. I just hate driving with that fuel light on only because my shop teacher once said the fuel will keep the pump cool so don’t ever let it drain all the way down before fill up. That had me brain wash to always put fuel in when it gets low.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Man, you give up like 4 gallons of gas capacity in a 2 door, too. It makes a lot of difference. When I drove my 2 door to Colorado, it seemed like all I did was stop for gas!

Yea it’s a 15 gallon tank compared to the 18 jku tank.

Yes when I drove thru the Rockies I swear I hit every gas station I passed

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Actually, if memory serves me right, the 2-door has an 18.5 gallon tank and the 4-door has a 22.5.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So this is what I got to look forward to with 40s lol you get better when you had a 3.6 or the ls?

LOL!! Got a lot worse back when we were running a 3.8L and that was with a 6-speed manual. With the LS, we can easily get over 200 to a tank now but of course, it isn't working nearly as hard. Compared to Rubicat with her 40's and a 3.6L, I'd have to say that we still get slightly better MPG with the LS. Crazy :crazyeyes:

Slimebones

Yeah, but you get the best mileage EVER going "down" those long grades. HA! It's going "up" that kills you. I once got 17.5MPG coming back to Denver when usual driving gets me around 13MPG. 3.8,manual,5.13's,37's. Can't imagine what mileage I get while actually driving around on the trails up there!

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I drive around town mainly and my area is filled with hills so I get about 200 miles per tank. Getting about 12mpg. 3.8, 37’s, and 5.13’s. This is why I got a second car so I could save money for more jeep mods lol

This is exactly where mines at except 4door. My gf drove it home on the last trip and was at 11.4 when we got home. I typically get 12-14 on the hwy and 12 around town

TrailHunter

Hooked
I get roughly an 8% increase of testosterone and achieve about 4.5 erections per tank of gas... not sure how to convert that to miles though...

Flat Top

I get roughly an 8% increase of testosterone and achieve about 4.5 erections per tank of gas... not sure how to convert that to miles though...

I can here to post my actual numbers.... But after this, I got nothin. :cheesy:

EOT

Last edited:

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Interesting thread. I haven't looked at my data in a while, so this was a good excuse.

Jeep: 2015 JKU Rubicon
Tires: Stock
Lift: Leveling
Most significant 'weight' addition would be EVO armor.

So far this year:

Fillups: 55
Miles: 18,112
Avg. MPG: 15.9
Avg. Range: 250
Cost: $1,647

MPG Range (low/high): 14.7mpg - 20.6

No odometer corrections applied.
2015 JKU Rubi Mileage.jpg

Had to remove a couple statistical outliers around 45 MPG. My motorcycle's got similar miles on the clock, must've mixed with the Jeep:)

Couple weeks, I'm going to new tires, probably bump up an inch or so. Not quite ready for a major lift. Will be interesting to see what it does to the mileage.

Last edited:

Gadget

Caught the Bug
If I go deep into the low fuel light I get right at 300, every road trip we have taken my wife gets about 18 while I get a little over 15 mpg. 14 4dr with 35's and 3:73's auto.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom