Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

TrailHunter

Hooked
Got the framework of the shed finished. Sanded with 60 grit palm sander and put a coat of POR Clear. Still need to decide on what skin to use and how I want to make the doors...

IMG_8685.jpg

prionic1

Working on finishing up this stupid door. Nothing in this house is built to standard since there were apparently no standards when it was built. Prefab doors certainly don’t fit. Had to hobble together some wood to work as both a trim and a frame for the door.
Image1533355877.688229.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Just got a 50 year old home and found out that sprinkler systems weren't even attempted to be used for ten years. Surprisingly I only had one broken line I think. Just waiting for this to dry and recheck.

IMG_20180804_070144_987.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just got a 50 year old home and found out that sprinkler systems weren't even attempted to be used for ten years. Surprisingly I only had one broken line I think. Just waiting for this to dry and recheck.

Wow, sounds like you lucked out. Is it safe to assume you have to dig deep?

View attachment 307411

Agh. Just fixed a bunch of sprinkler lines and sheared off T-fittings and heads last week.
If that patch doesn’t work. These make life easier. No waiting to cure and no leaks.
IMG_9159.JPG .

jesse3638

Hooked
I know my buddy in Wrightwood has his burried pretty deep. He also used removable connectors for his valves and has a low point drain to drain and blow out his system in winter.
Agh. Just fixed a bunch of sprinkler lines and sheared off T-fittings and heads last week.
If that patch doesn’t work. These make life easier. No waiting to cure and no leaks.
View attachment 307416 .
I'm curious about longevity with a connector like that. Roots and water hammer (too bad it's not water rubber mallet..haha) wreaks havoc on irrigation.

I have old drip line in my yard that keep splitting. I have about a 3' section under my flag stone which I'm waiting to spring a leak...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

Only about 8 inches, not too bad.

I cut the line right at the break and installed a barbed coupler with glue and clamps then put glue around the seams afterwards. It has held so far.

I think I found another leak though on a separate zone. There's a puddle forming. Not for sure if it's a break yet though. When we first turned the system on, we had tons of puddles but that's because there was an inch of dirt on top of every head and they couldn't even pop up.

Top Bottom