Delta Tech Lug-Nut-Lite 3Brake Light LED

dshipp2

Hey guys,

I am looking to replace my 3rd brakelight with Delta Tech Lug-Nut-Lite 3Brake Light LED. I am wondering if anyone has used these, has any input? I am running with a LoD Destroyer Rear bumper that has a swing gate that detaches from the rear door. I am curious if anyone has wired these lights with that kind of setup, and how they did it?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I bought these a long time ago but never used them because they wouldn't fit in my wheels. they have been sitting in my garage ever since. also if you do a 5 tire rotation it would be a pain in the ass to take these out every time you need to rotate.

dshipp2

I bought these a long time ago but never used them because they wouldn't fit in my wheels. they have been sitting in my garage ever since. also if you do a 5 tire rotation it would be a pain in the ass to take these out every time you need to rotate.

Are you looking to get rid of them for cheap? lol

MTG

Caught the Bug
I used them on my white jeep when I had a LOD rear bumper and tire carrier. I thought they worked great. They come with a quick decoupler and the lights just pop in/out of the hole for the wheel lugs.

I can't remember if there are any pictures in the "building of knuckles" thread. It would be fairly early on if there are.

dshipp2

I used them on my white jeep when I had a LOD rear bumper and tire carrier. I thought they worked great. They come with a quick decoupler and the lights just pop in/out of the hole for the wheel lugs.

I can't remember if there are any pictures in the "building of knuckles" thread. It would be fairly early on if there are.

I looked at that thread and a couple others and think I might be steering away from them. Thanks!

TrailHunter

Hooked
Do you ever plan on moving your #plate to the spare? There are good kits for that which include brake light and Plate light.

dshipp2

Do you ever plan on moving your #plate to the spare? There are good kits for that which include brake light and Plate light.

Haven't really felt the need to. My main issue about a light in the tire is the wiring. I don't want to deal with unplugging it anytime I open the tire swing and not the rear door.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Haven't really felt the need to. My main issue about a light in the tire is the wiring. I don't want to deal with unplugging it anytime I open the tire swing and not the rear door.

The wire is run through the door and along the existing harness... then tied into a few wires near the passenger side rear pillar.... you can definitely open the door without unplugging... that would be crazy if you had to unplug it every time.

Edit: Just realized what you meant... the tire swing.... got it. Yeah, that would suck. I could swear I’ve seen guys run the wire near the swing pivot though..

I would run the wire along the swing support, to the pivot, drop through the bumper with a rubber grommet, then up through the rear corner of the cab behind the plastic.

Last edited:

jkrichard

I just built my own kit that fits in the empty lug nut holes last weekend. Used all the scrap and extra pieces I had in my garage.

Pulling the wiring from the swing gate, and dropping it out the bottom of the rear corner worked well. I just brought the wiring across the swing out carrier zip ties and done.

Just need a few penny lights, wires and connectors. Super easy and it'll be cheaper than buying it.

Top Bottom