Which Evo Enforcer stage?

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Sorry to high jack the thread. My jeep is a daily driver. I'm considering the 4" Evo Enforcer lift kit w/ draglink flip. I was planning on stage 1 with the long term goal of moving to a long arm setup. I'm assuming the adjustable arms in these kits aren't adjustable enough to switch between standard mounts and long arm mounts. Is this a correct assumption? Will I regret not going stage 3 for a daily driver (ride quality) even if I will replace them later with longer control arms? The stage 3 isn't that much more and I'd consider it if drive quality will be impacted severely.

Thanks in advance!

rubiDave

Sorry to high jack the thread. My jeep is a daily driver. I'm considering the 4" Evo Enforcer lift kit w/ draglink flip. I was planning on stage 1 with the long term goal of moving to a long arm setup. I'm assuming the adjustable arms in these kits aren't adjustable enough to switch between standard mounts and long arm mounts. Is this a correct assumption? Will I regret not going stage 3 for a daily driver (ride quality) even if I will replace them later with longer control arms? The stage 3 isn't that much more and I'd consider it if drive quality will be impacted severely.

Thanks in advance!
Stage 3 isn't going to improve ride quality on pavement over stage 1. If you are replacing your rear driveshaft you'll need a stage 2 or 3 to set your rear pinion angle, and on 4 door really only the rear uppers are needed to to do this. The stage 3 may offer slightly better flex because of johnny joints vs bonded rubber CA bushings.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked

Thanks in advance!
If your long term goal is to go long arms I'd just save up and go to long arms right from the beginning. Yes it does cost more but it will save you some money in the end. Knowing I'd want long arms that's what I did. Hard pill to swallow at first but then you drive it and realize you made the right decision...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug
If your long term goal is to go long arms I'd just save up and go to long arms right from the beginning. Yes it does cost more but it will save you some money in the end. Knowing I'd want long arms that's what I did. Hard pill to swallow at first but then you drive it and realize you made the right decision...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ok, waiting is also an option. I just figured I'd be able to re-use everything in that kit except the control arms... I'll take this advice!

cboggs

Thanks in advance!

Just go with the DoubleD, you'll be much happier doing it from the start.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Just go with the DoubleD, you'll be much happier doing it from the start.

The Evo DD is awesome, no doubts there. Especially after watching Bubba's launch. But it's expensive on top of an already expensive build. I would like to get all the components to get up on 37's and have them installed about 5 yrs from now. Then spend the next couple years refining the build...

Does anyone know, can anything in the Evo Enforcer kit get used with the DD upgrade or is it all new components?

Also my other concern with the DD, based on another thread discussing King shocks and their resilience to salt... I'm in the mid west and I'm afraid those beauties be eaten up by my winter road salt... If I go long arm I can buy Rancho's and just toss them when they're eaten up.

wjtstudios

Hooked
The Evo DD is awesome, no doubts there. Especially after watching Bubba's launch. But it's expensive on top of an already expensive build. I would like to get all the components to get up on 37's and have them installed about 5 yrs from now. Then spend the next couple years refining the build...

Does anyone know, can anything in the Evo Enforcer kit get used with the DD upgrade or is it all new components?

Also my other concern with the DD, based on another thread discussing King shocks and their resilience to salt... I'm in the mid west and I'm afraid those beauties be eaten up by my winter road salt... If I go long arm I can buy Rancho's and just toss them when they're eaten up.

The DD and Bubba’s DTD are two different suspensions.

The DD is the bolt on coil overs with the long arm kit.

The Double throw down, DTD, utilizes a bypass and coil over combination front suspension and the EVO lever system rear. Levels above a DD.

Both are awesome. I run the long arms and they are better than the short arm configuration in about every way at speed. But the rear LCA mounts are rock magnets. The high clearance long arm kit is a better direction and works with both the DD and DTD suspension but does require modifications to the rear axle brackets to work.

The Enforcer coil overs can work with the DD or the high clearance long arms. But the rest of the arms will not be used.

Yes, you can pair the ranchos with the long arms and will be a great setup.

The kings in any form will corrode in our environment here in the Midwest if you run them in the salt. The price we pay.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

I suggest getting a different daily driver if your worried about salt. Or, wash your vehicle every day salt is on the ground and apply fluid film and wd40 in between

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I suggest getting a different daily driver if your worried about salt. Or, wash your vehicle every day salt is on the ground and apply fluid film and wd40 in between

Why ?

Jeep makes a very rust proof vehicle. Use good thick metal and a quality paint that holds up amazing. [emoji849]

IMG_3494.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

cboggs

The DoubleD has coil springs, very different than the Double Throw Down that Bubba uses. My old JKUR had the DD with Bilstein 5100 shocks and worked great and not near the cost of bolt on coilovers or the DTD thats even more. Currently Im on the Enforcer stage 1 with Fox 2.0 shocks. It also rides great but not quite as smooth as the DD was since the control arms are at a steeper angle. As others have said the rear brackets on the DD are a hang up point and the high clearance brackets would fix this with a bit more work.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
The DoubleD has coil springs, very different than the Double Throw Down that Bubba uses. My old JKUR had the DD with Bilstein 5100 shocks and worked great and not near the cost of bolt on coilovers or the DTD thats even more. Currently Im on the Enforcer stage 1 with Fox 2.0 shocks. It also rides great but not quite as smooth as the DD was since the control arms are at a steeper angle. As others have said the rear brackets on the DD are a hang up point and the high clearance brackets would fix this with a bit more work.

Thank you sir, good info. I just assumed the DD was the same as the DTD, gonna take a look at it now!

Primo82

Caught the Bug

Why ?

Jeep makes a very rust proof vehicle. Use good thick metal and a quality paint that holds up amazing. [emoji849]

View attachment 338499

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I had Zeibart's under body protection put on. And I'm religious about running the jeep through a carwash after a snow/melt to wash off any salt. I'm sure there'll be some rust in my future but trying to minimize as much as possible.

The rust comment was with regards to the kings specifically. I think Eddie pointed out, if they're gonna be in the rust belt they're gonna be eaten up. I think he was recommending throwaways over Kings in this environment. After some thought I kind of agree with him. I'd hate to see something as nice (and reusable, and expensive) as the kings get destroyed in a few winters...

Top Bottom