12' Gecko Build

desertrunner

Welp got about 500 miles on the new motor now and all I can say is it's a riot! 460 hp in a 2dr is an absolute blast and the 10 speed really keeps the power going well past as fast as I like to drive it. 100% the 6.2L is more power than you need but absolutely the power you want and I still can't stop laughing like a child while driving it. And on dry pavement you can in fact chirp 37s relatively easy. I do think the 4.88s are a little tall for it, it could be loaded down a bit more. Off roading in 4lo it's got plenty of low end. 95% of my offloading experience is with a manual trans so hard to really compare going to the automatic and the V8 and I still don't have too much wheeling time with it since the wife is 8 month pregnant.
Few small bugs still to work through as expected but overall very happy with my purchase. Motech does great work and I can't overstate how much fun it is to drive a 2dr with 460hp. So much so that my wife was skeptical spending so much money for it to not be that much different than the 4dr with a 5.7 hemi and agreed it's a world of difference and a massive step up.
I need to take some video of it, the launch with soft suspension is quite comical to watch. But 100% recommend if it's something you want the 6.2L and 10 speed is an absolute blast

Welp got about 500 miles on the new motor now and all I can say is it's a riot! 460 hp in a 2dr is an absolute blast and the 10 speed really keeps the power going well past as fast as I like to drive it. 100% the 6.2L is more power than you need but absolutely the power you want and I still can't stop laughing like a child while driving it. And on dry pavement you can in fact chirp 37s relatively easy. I do think the 4.88s are a little tall for it, it could be loaded down a bit more. Off roading in 4lo it's got plenty of low end. 95% of my offloading experience is with a manual trans so hard to really compare going to the automatic and the V8 and I still don't have too much wheeling time with it since the wife is 8 month pregnant.
Few small bugs still to work through as expected but overall very happy with my purchase. Motech does great work and I can't overstate how much fun it is to drive a 2dr with 460hp. So much so that my wife was skeptical spending so much money for it to not be that much different than the 4dr with a 5.7 hemi and agreed it's a world of difference and a massive step up.
I need to take some video of it, the launch with soft suspension is quite comical to watch. But 100% recommend if it's something you want the 6.2L and 10 speed is an absolute blast
Dang! This is my dream lol, one day I'll be handing over my 2 door JK Sport to MoTech. Congrats to you and can't wait to see more of it!

LS JK

Glad shes working out Trevor, was actually gonna send you a text to check in. 😎

desertrunner

Glad shes working out Trevor, was actually gonna send you a text to check in. 😎
It's amazing you guys really do good work and this thing is a blast to drive. Worth every $. And yeah I'll send you a message here soon got a few questions on some small stuff

Brute

Hooked
"the launch with soft suspension is quite comical to watch"

Crouching Lion, Hidden Dragon?...

Nothing like feeling a Big Eight thru the soles of your feet...

Ddays

Hooked
Pretty badass. Reminds me of a guy I knew back in the day had a CJ5 with a ridiculously built 401 in it. It would change lanes when he floored it and pull the front wheels off the ground from a standing start. It was awesome., especially since it was driven by an immature jackass like the rest of us back then....

Since Brute can't do a burnout looks like you're the guy to bug from now on. So let's have it.....

desertrunner

Pretty badass. Reminds me of a guy I knew back in the day had a CJ5 with a ridiculously built 401 in it. It would change lanes when he floored it and pull the front wheels off the ground from a standing start. It was awesome., especially since it was driven by an immature jackass like the rest of us back then....

Since Brute can't do a burnout looks like you're the guy to bug from now on. So let's have it.....
Short wheel base and that much HP I had a quick awakening when the road was a little wet yesterday and ended up in the other lane haha.
I would love to do a burn out video but I sure as shit am not Burning up my 37s they are too damn expensive. Maybe some stock take offs on the cheap would be a option and then pray the rear D44 holds up haha.

desertrunner

Got the new ARB dual fully installed. Did my best to do it right making the wiring harness all wrapped and hidden under the trim. Air lines ran under the seat and out the drain hole on top of the gas tank. Had to weld some extra bar steel to my corbeau seat brackets but that was easy and holds the compressor just fine. Think this set up is gonna work out nicely. Excited to not have a 3+ min per tire air up now and the lockers all still work everything held air no leaks. Left the compressor on for 30+ mins with no recharge on the compressor.
20230728_230833.jpg 20230728_230809.jpg

Got the new ARB dual fully installed. Did my best to do it right making the wiring harness all wrapped and hidden under the trim. Air lines ran under the seat and out the drain hole on top of the gas tank. Had to weld some extra bar steel to my corbeau seat brackets but that was easy and holds the compressor just fine. Think this set up is gonna work out nicely. Excited to not have a 3+ min per tire air up now and the lockers all still work everything held air no leaks. Left the compressor on for 30+ mins with no recharge on the compressor.
View attachment 393302 View attachment 393303
Isn't the compressor pretty noisy given that it is inside the vehicle?

Top Bottom