VIDEO : MILD 2 WILD - 2019 JEEP EXPERIENCE at Katemcy Rocks Texas - PART 1

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Great video as always, Thanks for sharing. Really interesting terrain in the middle of Texas. Looks like quite a challenging off road park!

Brute

Hooked
LOL!! You really are into crazy long drives aren't you?

Yes I am, but this time next year I’ll have a couple rigs in Nevada and will be a resident...much closer to the action.

rubiDave

Cool video, I really didn't know Texas offered that type of wheeling.
Also, I never thought I'd want another full size truck but the EVO gladiator does give me some envious feelings.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Discount Tire

It's always better to be in new Dirt. You guys always make it so fun to watch your videos. Love the music selection. It was nice to see you do the Moab bump at about 8:30.

Mel's Gladiator looks amazing. Having excellent parts makes all the difference. It was a bit tough listening to some of the scraping but fortunately his parts are made for the tough stuff.

Can't wait for the hard trails in part 2. :eek:

bear996

Loved watching the video. Gotta make a trip down there some time. Thanks for putting out such quality content all the time, and that Gladiator build is a beast.

BUTrlhawk

Great Video

I'm from Houston. Was wondering what that place looked like. Been to Hidden Falls ORP. Not too much further away from there. Been wanting to go out there in my Renegade. But after seeing those trails, looks like I would be wasting my time. Would need something bigger.

Thanks for the info.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Love the video! Looks like some crazy crawling there in Texas. Can’t wait to see the next few parts of the series!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Great video! That’s an interesting area. The wildflowers were beautiful. You really don’t get to see Texas, just on the Interstate Highways. It’s so big, there are many different types of terrain. You see a lot of these, though...
IMG_3589.JPG

I noticed how well the Cooper tires hooked up on the wet rock.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just got a chance to watch this. Another great adventure. The wheeling at Katemcy looks awesome. Very impressed to see what the Gladiator on 40s can do. Looking forward to the next installment.

Glad you enjoyed it. The wheeling out there is kind of like Bullfrog only with rolling hills... lush trees... creeks... ponds... wildflowers... mud to kick things up a notch and optional lines that are insane. :crazyeyes:

Had a great time with you Eddie at K2. As always a great job on the video. Man you pump these out so fast now.

Likewise, it was great to get to know you and a ton of fun wheeling with you. Glad you enjoyed the video and I'm pretty sure we've got shots of your Jeep in part 2 :)

Great video as always, Thanks for sharing. Really interesting terrain in the middle of Texas. Looks like quite a challenging off road park!

It really is a cool place to wheel especially if you're running 37's or bigger. But, you can still have a lot of fun with 35's. Anything less and you'll be limited as to what you can do.

Yes I am, but this time next year I’ll have a couple rigs in Nevada and will be a resident...much closer to the action.

Looking forward to it! :thumb:

Cool video, I really didn't know Texas offered that type of wheeling.
Also, I never thought I'd want another full size truck but the EVO gladiator does give me some envious feelings.

Well, the Gladiator is a mid size truck so that might make things a bit easier for you want one :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's always better to be in new Dirt. You guys always make it so fun to watch your videos. Love the music selection. It was nice to see you do the Moab bump at about 8:30.

Mel's Gladiator looks amazing. Having excellent parts makes all the difference. It was a bit tough listening to some of the scraping but fortunately his parts are made for the tough stuff.

Can't wait for the hard trails in part 2. :eek:

LOL!! The scraping can be a bit like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard but that this Gladiator could do any of this stuff at all was nothing short of amazing! So glad you enjoyed the video and part 2 is coming soon :)

Loved watching the video. Gotta make a trip down there some time. Thanks for putting out such quality content all the time, and that Gladiator build is a beast.

Thank you and yes, you really need to check K2 out :)

Bad ass video as usual. 37 looks so tiny on jet lol

LOL!! Man, I'm dying to get up on 40's but need to devote that kind of attention to our new Gladiator. :crazyeyes:

I'm from Houston. Was wondering what that place looked like. Been to Hidden Falls ORP. Not too much further away from there. Been wanting to go out there in my Renegade. But after seeing those trails, looks like I would be wasting my time. Would need something bigger.

Thanks for the info.

The area is still worth checking out but yes, you'd be limited to what you can do out there.

Love the video! Looks like some crazy crawling there in Texas. Can’t wait to see the next few parts of the series!

The crawling out there really is awesome. It's a shame it's so far away.

Great video! That’s an interesting area. The wildflowers were beautiful. You really don’t get to see Texas, just on the Interstate Highways. It’s so big, there are many different types of terrain. You see a lot of these, though...

I noticed how well the Cooper tires hooked up on the wet rock.

Oh yeah, lots of pump jacks and windmills out there for sure. But, out in the heart of Texas, there are also beautiful rolling hills with all kinds of prettiness.

JAGS

Hooked
Great video. After the pre run and you say “Mel said that’s about the easiest trail there is” I knew shit was gonna get real. Ha ha.

Look forward to part two.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Glad you enjoyed it. The wheeling out there is kind of like Bullfrog only with rolling hills... lush trees... creeks... ponds... wildflowers... mud to kick things up a notch and optional lines that are insane. :crazyeyes:

Funny you say that. While watching I was thinking it looked like a lush version of Cougar Buttes. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Green machine

mild to wild

Although the Nitto Jeep Experience presented by KMC Wheels is an annual off road Jeep event that's been going on since 2016, I'm actually sorry to say Cindy and I had never attended one or at least, not until now. Of course, it does take place right in the middle of Texas and and getting there isn't exactly a hop skip and a jump for us. There was also the question of, what kind of wheeling could there possibly be out in Texas? Well, for those of you who've never been, what I can tell you is that the wheeling at K2 or Katemcy Rock is nothing short of AWESOME! I mean, who knew there were big ass rocks in Texas, with tons of grip and with crazy fun obstacles ranging from MILD 2 WILD! As they like to say out there, it really is the "Moab of Texas"!

In this first of a 2 Part Series, you'll get a glimpse of the epic 24 hour drive that we made from Carson City, Nevada to Mason, Texas and you'll get to see some of the cool pre-run footage that we were able to get of the badass EVO Jeep Gladiator, taking on the rocks - Texas style! We hope you enjoy.

As an added BONUS, highlight photos from the 2019 Jeep Experience can be seen on the link below:
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...S-Jeep-Experience-2019-at-Katemcy-Rocks-Texas

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of all NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do is post up a response on this thread and let us know what you think of the video. Doing this will automatically enter into our new drawing and a WINNER will be selected at random and announced before our next video release.

View attachment 327512

:thumb:
Wow once again cool vid Eddy and Cindy. This place looks fun thanks for sharing.

critter812

Great Video watched it as soon as I saw it was released! Eddie you and Cindy were great to talk to and finally meet in person!

Fridge81

Looks like a hell of a first day! As always, great video! Your video quality and editing skills are awesome. Thank you!

Are those outerwears on the front springs of the gladiator? Are they to protect the shock shafts?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Great video. It's amazing what the EVO Gladiator can do, on their entry-level lift no less. And that scraping is definitely nails down the chalkboard, LOL. Something I've been meaning to ask... what is the extra lip (plastic?) added to the fender flares?

Top Bottom