VIDEO : CALAMITY JANE - A Calamity No More / Our Jeep CJ5 Renegade Completed [Part 7]

Zephyr

Thanks!

What a great video series, thanks for taking the time to share your build it with us!

I really appreciate the quality of your videos, my only complaint is I wish there where more to watch

/z

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just watched the final video. You two did a great job, putting this story together, and a great job on Jane! This is one of my favorite video series you have done. BTW, I like how the modern touches, added to Jane, still looked appropriate, and not out of place. She looks really nice!

Thanks and we're glad to hear it. We weren't 100% sure about adding the modern touches but we're happy with the way the came out. [emoji846]

Absolutely loved this series! You have to make another one now [emoji6][emoji23] and quick question, on the fenders why didn't you drill the holes for the flares before it went to paint. That way they could prime and spray the holes. Absolutely loved these videos though! You did an amazing job!!

We should have. Initially, we were still debating whether or not we were going to add the flares and by the time we got to paint, I simply stopped thinking about it. Anyway, it was an oversight on my behalf but one that wasn't too big of a deal.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. Love those Jeeps. Too damn cold out to work on mine so I enjoyed watching you work on yours instead!

LOL! It's been a cold winter here too and not always pleasant to work on a Jeep. I think you can even see my Sorels in some of the shots [emoji16]

Wow! :worthy:

Jane looks great! I even went back and watched the first episode immediately after... you know, to make sure it was indeed the same jeep ;) :cheesy:

Awesome rig! And awesome restoration!

Too funny - it's even hard for us to imagine at times.

Very Nice!!!
Just in time for spring too!

Indeed - some of the final shots were taken down by your house [emoji41]

What a great video series, thanks for taking the time to share your build it with us!

I really appreciate the quality of your videos, my only complaint is I wish there where more to watch

/z

Thank you - we're working on more stuff now :yup:

WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

ob_tj

Just getting around to watching this and all I can say is wow! You guys did an awesome job with Jane! Do you guys plan to wheel her a little bit?

buckweil

Thanks and we're glad to hear it. We weren't 100% sure about adding the modern touches but we're happy with the way the came out. [emoji846]

We should have. Initially, we were still debating whether or not we were going to add the flares and by the time we got to paint, I simply stopped thinking about it. Anyway, it was an oversight on my behalf but one that wasn't too big of a deal.

WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs
No wasn't that big of a deal. Still turned out to be a beautiful finished product.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Top drawer production. Had been waiting for the final edition. Even having watched it, still hard to appreciate it really is the same CJ-5. Thanks for sharing :)!

Of course, I really have to just shake my head and wonder about the 7 folks that did a thumbs-down on YouTube. Just goes to show you cannot please everyone and there's always 'one' in every crowd.

Again, thanks for letting us experience a little bit of the journey with you.

woof359

great video

as always your production quality is first rate, cant wait for the next Wayolife vid, I did notice there were no door hinges on the body ? are you planning for a soft top or hard top ?

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Wonderful

This is such a great series. I love the fact that it was about old iron, which I love. But also that it showed just how much work is really involved in doing something like this and it takes time and money, no blowing smoke that it was an easy overnight thing like some build shows come off like. At the same time, I feel it also shows that if one is patient, careful, and diligent, that person can do this themselves and shouldn't be scared to take on a project if that is their dream. Do as much as you can, and hire what you can't do or is impractical to do. As much as I like the trail videos, I'm glad this was added to the wayalife to show it doesn't just happen by itself. I would like to see down the road a short series on packing for a big trip, like Moab followed by one on the after trip shakedown and repairs once back home. Kind of a look into the realities of pay to play. Not to scare anyone off but to show them it is part of the experience and can even be fun!
Anyhow thanks for another great one and all the effort you and Cindy put in, Eddie. :beer:

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Came out great! While my Jeep may only be 5 years old I understand what you mean about working on it. I like doing all my own mods as its part of the fun of owning one. So is there a 1000 mile round trip shake down run coming up?...haha

Top Bottom