Shock bushing question

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Hey guys quick question. I got ahold of some take off Rubicon shocks recently. They are like new except for the fact that they don't have any bushings in them. I would just reuse the ones from my stock shocks, but I can't seem to get them out without a press. Does anyone know if the hour glass shapes universal bushings are meant for the stock in shocks. The bore is straight walled where they go but I wasn't sure if they expanded when you tighten them up.

JKbrick

Hey guys quick question. I got ahold of some take off Rubicon shocks recently. They are like new except for the fact that they don't have any bushings in them. I would just reuse the ones from my stock shocks, but I can't seem to get them out without a press. Does anyone know if the hour glass shapes universal bushings are meant for the stock in shocks. The bore is straight walled where they go but I wasn't sure if they expanded when you tighten them up.

Odd they don’t have bushings in them

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
You can get aftermarket ones too like Rancho. A hammer, socket, vice, and lots of lube will get them in. Just like a typical Friday night.

IMG_20180629_072921_919.jpg

Last edited:

jorgelrod

Hooked
^^^ This, I used to replace the ones on my previous shocks once a year when I was in PR, The roads back home where for shit.

Top Bottom