2013 King of the Hammers info thread

GCM 2

2012-King-of-the-Hammers-Logo-small-for-web.jpg

2013 Griffin King of the Hammers

DATE: Main Event - Friday, February 8, 2013

http://ultra4racing.com/category/2013_koh/
The 7th running of the Griffin King of the Hammers will be the largest to date with an expanded Vendor show, and additional entertainment.Look for some exciting changes to the race course as well as improved spectator areas. Again the event will take place during the second week of February and the main event will be held on Friday, February 8, 2013. 4Wheel parts will host the Time Trials and Last Chance Qualifier and make daily deliveries of parts to the lake bed during the week of KOH. Need an axle or Ring and Pinion? Just head over to the 4Wheel parts Hammertown branch and place your order for next day delivery. Make your travel plans now for the biggest Hammertown yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 Smittybilt Every Man Challenge

DATE: Thursday February 7th, 2013

http://ultra4racing.com/category/2013_every-man-challenge/
The Smittybilt Every Man Challenge is a race for Stock (4600) and modified (4500) vehicles that want to try their hand at racing at The Hammers. The 2013 will be held the day before the King of the Hammers race on Thursday, February 7th. There will be updated rules for the Every Man Challenge classes coming shortly.

Next year brother and maybe a run or two as well.

You know it! Already looking forward to King of the Hammers and EJS in Moab :rock:

MTG

Caught the Bug
You know it! Already looking forward to King of the Hammers and EJS in Moab :rock:

Not to hijack...but what is the date for KOH? I'd like to make it next year.

Chris...sending you a PM.

GCM 2

LoPo said:
Camp.

Not sure where the nearest hotel is.

Yes, camping is the easiest and you are part of the event at all hours, good and bad at times. However, to the southeast is Yucca Valley CA. and I am pretty sure people stay in hotels there because I have driven back into yucca valley for a hot meal at a decent restaurant and there are crowds everywhere and hotel chains. To the north is Barstow, hotels and fast food and is not a far drive at all. To the west/northwest is Lucerne and further in same direction is Victorville all drivable too, but Lucerne is tiny.

FoxC

I really want to make it down there to see this crazy event. Maybe camp for a few days and check it out...

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yeah. Thinking about going myself. We were hijacking another thread on here so I started this.

Mods: if you can pull the move the fugitive posts it would be great.

GCM 2

Thanks

Moved them for you. :yup:

Thanks for creating the thread for us brother!

We are still a few months out from the event but I am thinking at a minimumI may book a room in Yucca Valley since I drive in from the east/southeast of the event. Also my wife would be more willing to accompany if she has some promise of comfort.

2013 was also the year I had committed to entering the race, not sure its going to happen though. Life seems to be getting in the way of my racing career.

MTG

Caught the Bug
GCM 2 said:
Thanks for creating the thread for us brother!

We are still a few months out from the event but I am thinking at a minimumI may book a room in Yucca Valley since I drive in from the east/southeast of the event. Also my wife would be more willing to accompany if she has some promise of comfort.

2013 was also the year I had committed to entering the race, not sure its going to happen though. Life seems to be getting in the way of my racing career.

Where you going to race EVO Jeep? Isn't the EVO lever limited to the unlimited class? I thought I remember reading about that last year.

I hate it when life gets in the way of living.

Edit: this is what I was thinking.
http://www.jk-forum.com/jk-show-tel...hammers-production-jk-unlimited-class-213679/

Top Bottom