Best DIY jk mods??

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446067771.133042.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446067832.852828.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446068183.645392.jpg
I love your tack bar and stabilizer mount I was wanting to make my own also. Made my own high lift mount. Almost free, already had the metal.

USMC Wrangler

Nice work!

Made my own trail doors with homemade paracord limiting straps and plan on making my own front bumper...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446068319.350556.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446068350.467471.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446068396.522629.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446068437.124198.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446068493.183078.jpg

Also made a bunch of paracord grab handles...which I can't seem to find any pictures of. Other than mounting tires on the wheels, all labor and maintenance is done by me at home and I love it!

WJCO

Meme King

USMC Wrangler

Let's see what everyone has built. As much as it's nice to buy some of these great products offered for purchase, it's nice to see people can still build stuff for themselves. I am no pro fabricator and I don't have a lot of tools, but there is just something about building and modifying the jeep that feels good. Here is a couple pictures of a front track bar bracket I built and a bumper I am working on. I will be building rock slides next. View attachment 171440 View attachment 171441 View attachment 171442 View attachment 171443 View attachment 171444 View attachment 171445 View attachment 171446

I may hit you up when I start brainstorming on my front bumper plans. Looks great! And, thanks. The doors were my first big project I planned and built.

Cool thread idea. I built my tire carrier after we needed the roof rack space for camping gear. Not the best welds I've done, but they work.

Is your tire carrier tied into your hitch? I like it!

View attachment 171447 View attachment 171448 View attachment 171452
I love your tack bar and stabilizer mount I was wanting to make my own also. Made my own high lift mount. Almost free, already had the metal.

Nice! Does that bolt on with the factory hinge?

WJCO

Meme King
Is your tire carrier tied into your hitch? I like it!

Thanks. It does. The only other way to do it on a WJ is buy or build a new bumper which I didn't want to deal with. Maybe in the future. I used a hitch extender to bring it out more then built off of that. The main tube is gusseted underneath. Doesn't move or rattle at all, so I'm good with it.

USMC Wrangler

Thanks. It does. The only other way to do it on a WJ is buy or build a new bumper which I didn't want to deal with. Maybe in the future. I used a hitch extender to bring it out more then built off of that. The main tube is gusseted underneath. Doesn't move or rattle at all, so I'm good with it.

Nice! :yup:

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Built, Not bought

I may hit you up when I start brainstorming on my front bumper plans. Looks great! And, thanks. The doors were my first big project I planned and built.

For sure. Feel free to message any time, I will help you out the best I can. Your doors turned out awesome and look high quality. I would rock them.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Nice work!

Made my own trail doors with homemade paracord limiting straps and plan on making my own front bumper...

View attachment 171454

View attachment 171455

View attachment 171456

View attachment 171457

View attachment 171458

Also made a bunch of paracord grab handles...which I can't seem to find any pictures of. Other than mounting tires on the wheels, all labor and maintenance is done by me at home and I love it!

I love your half doors man you did an amazing job. That's an other project I want to do. Great job man!

holliewood61

Here's a few things ive done. I hate to buy things I can make and some things for these ol cj's you just cant buy.

Hi lift mount from this.

To this.

Little switch panel for lights and in cab winch controls

Rear storage deck

Tube fenders

Built the front bumper & modified a tj winch plate to hang the 8274

Rear spring hanger sliders

Knuckle reinforcement

Light mounts

Combined a cj tie rod with as scout tie rod to work with my application

And im working on cutting up a set of full doors and making half doors.

Ive also completed a full drivetrain swap from a 258/3 speed/dana 20 dana 30/amc 20 with 3.54's. To a fuel injected cammed up 304/TH400/dana 20 with scout 44's locked with 4.88's.

Last edited:

holliewood61

Holliewood, I like your bumper. Something about it makes the front of the jeep look mean!!

Thanks, its just an old piece of boxed tubing I had laying around. Did a thin pie cut on either side to angle the ends rearward just a touch. Then angle cut and capped the ends.

WJCO

Meme King
Here's a few things ive done. I hate to buy things I can make and some things for these ol cj's you just cant buy.

Hi lift mount from this.

To this.

Little switch panel for lights and in cab winch controls

Rear storage deck

Tube fenders

Built the front bumper & modified a tj winch plate to hang the 8274

Rear spring hanger sliders

Knuckle reinforcement

Light mounts

Combined a cj tie rod with as scout tie rod to work with my application

And im working on cutting up a set of full doors and making half doors.

Ive also completed a full drivetrain swap from a 258/3 speed/dana 20 dana 30/amc 20 with 3.54's. To a fuel injected cammed up 304/TH400/dana 20 with scout 44's locked with 4.88's.

Looks good. Lots of work.

Top Bottom