All My Texas Neighbors

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Just south of Denver. Looking in that area.

My wife and I will probably be moving to Colorado for the lifestyle. It will be closer to my general area of work and she is a teacher so she can just about get a job anywhere.

We looked at Castle Rock but we are really being drawn to the mountains. We are looking in Evergreen now. It's close to skiing and Jeep trails but still close to Denver so you can't go wrong.

texasdave

Her outside sales guy moved to Evergreen. I mainly want the good schools and for her to be close to her office. We are looking at Highlands Ranch and Parker.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Her outside sales guy moved to Evergreen. I mainly want the good schools and for her to be close to her office. We are looking at Highlands Ranch and Parker.

As for the schools, Evergreen has very good schools rated in the 9-10 range. The public schools are another reason we are moving to Colorado. The Texas school system is way behind the curve in my opinion. My wife is a public school teacher and sees this first hand.

Highlands Ranch looked really nice but way too pricey for us, not to mention too close to the city for us. We want to be close but not in it plus we want to be in the Mtns. :rock:

texasdave

As for the schools, Evergreen has very good schools rated in the 9-10 range. The public schools are another reason we are moving to Colorado. The Texas school system is way behind the curve in my opinion. My wife is a public school teacher and sees this first hand.

Highlands Ranch looked really nice but way too pricey for us, not to mention too close to the city for us. We want to be close but not in it plus we want to be in the Mtns. :rock:

Yeah your pretty much in the woods now, right?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Yeah your pretty much in the woods now, right?

Yeah and I think I'll really miss it if I live in the city or somewhere too barren.

Forest fires are a bit scarey but I plan on doing some remediation work to whatever property we buy.

texasdave

Roger that. I already owe Berzerker a beer when I get up there. He's answered several of my questions and we have some Marine/Army stories to discuss.:thumb:

2012CrushJKU

Im originally from Corinth, but currently station at Fort Hood. Would be cool to get a wayalife Hidden Falls run together or something like that. :thumb:

NTXRUBICON

Im originally from Corinth, but currently station at Fort Hood. Would be cool to get a wayalife Hidden Falls run together or something like that. :thumb:

I was down that way 2 weeks ago.
I was in Gatesville for business

Grandmother lives in hickory creek

I've seen miles and miles of Texas

Rooster jk

Howdy from Amarillo Tx.. any of you going to MOAB for EJS next year. We are leving April 14th if want to caravan. We also have a

ForumRunner_20131205_194751.jpg

great wheeling event here every year in Sept.... In Palo duro canyon.

2012CrushJKU

Howdy from Amarillo Tx.. any of you going to MOAB for EJS next year. We are leving April 14th if want to caravan. We also have a

View attachment 58898

great wheeling event here every year in Sept.... In Palo duro canyon.

I've seen pictures and read about the Palo duro runs. they look like a lot of fun. Maybe one of these weekend ill be able to get free enough to make it out there and actually run it myself.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
BTW if any of you guys are in the East TX area and are looking for a good Jeep club, go by www.etxjc.org and sign up for the forum and like us on Facebook.

We have regular meetings so far in Tyler, Jacksonville, Henderson, and Nacogdoches. Check us out. :beer:

Top Bottom