How many miles are you guys getting on a full tank of gas?

DMF

Haha!! And I daily drive her. Good thing I work in oil and gas, support my industry. 👍🏿

Hey, I wouldn't complain if I had your setup. I'd be happy to fill it up every few days.

I have never actually looked on any of our Jeeps. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

I need to follow your advice. There are other things to be aggravated about. I have a new Jeep and I don't have DW. I should be happy.

Are you going to disconnect the light?...

I mean. I did unhook the cel on the last Jeep... lol.

It’s getting modified to a 21 gallon. All tjs came with the same size larger tank, but then they shoved the filler and vent deeper into it so it shuts off at 15 so they had something to up charge for, just have to reach in and cut off some plastic and it’s a 21.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I mean. I did unhook the cel on the last Jeep... lol.

It’s getting modified to a 21 gallon. All tjs came with the same size larger tank, but then they shoved the filler and vent deeper into it so it shuts off at 15 so they had something to up charge for, just have to reach in and cut off some plastic and it’s a 21.

That’s crazy. Can’t believe they did that.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I’ve never really given a shit what mileage it get, except for when I drove my old 2 door 1300 miles to Ouray. I had to make sure I didn’t miss a station after 180-200 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Ok I'm a little confused. Looks like some you are calculating with 18.5 gal. tank??? My build sheet says I have a 22.5 gal. tank. Am I missing something? Or is 2 door 18.5 and 4 door 22.5:thinking:

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Yes, 2 door is 18 gallons.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Ok But some like the OP (4 door) says he's getting 255 to 260 a tank. And states 15ish.. 260 divided by 22.5 = 11.55 mpg I understand this is when the light goes on, but that would be about 17 gals. Do we really have 5.5 gals when the light comes on? If memory serves me I thought maybe something closer to 2 gals

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Ok But some like the OP (4 door) says he's getting 255 to 260 a tank. And states 15ish.. 260 divided by 22.5 = 11.55 mpg I understand this is when the light goes on, but that would be about 17 gals. Do we really have 5.5 gals when the light comes on? If memory serves me I thought maybe something closer to 2 gals

My manual says 22 gal tank but even driving around after light goes on for miles I never can fill more than 17.5 gals . Might be a larger reserve

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

I believe the light comes on at 3 gallons. At least that's what I calculated when I ran out of gas. [emoji849]

I don't know if those above are actually calculating MPG or just going off the dash numbers... I know the best I've gotten in mine was around 220-230 miles which is just under 13 MPG.

I could probably get better, but I find it near impossible to set the cruise under 75 MPH. 55-65 I get around 18-22 on a flat road (on the dash) and over 70 on a flat road it displays between 12 and 13 if I recall, so it actually isn't that inaccurate.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

DMF

Yeah, that’s an interesting point you made. To have a 5 gallon reserve. The average gallons I would put in is right around 17 gallons at every fill up. And I always used the miles divided by gallons method to get my average.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Yeah, that’s an interesting point you made. To have a 5 gallon reserve. The average gallons I would put in is right around 17 gallons at every fill up. And I always used the miles divided by gallons method to get my average.

Yea I think when I'm on "E" I put in about 18 gals. At a certain point the dash won't tell how many miles you have left. It just says something to the affect get some gas NOW. or :doh:

trailraider

Does anyone run a larger tank at all? Genright or longranger? I would be interested to hear if they are worth the money to get? I get about 400 km a tank, some of the areas we can go are close to 250 Km away with no fuel stations within a reasonable refill distance.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I always have that AEV reserve filled with 7 gallons. I’ve take mine way past what I was comfortable with expecting to run out of gas, and only put 19 gallons in at around 250-260 miles. But that’s the closest I’ve gotten to running it out.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

J Ro

Just filled up after the fuel light came on. 297 miles and 17.9 gal.

Jeep has stock 4.10 gears 35” tires and 3.5 “ lift

Top Bottom