Personal experience with Evo Double D long arm lift kit

CinciRubi17

Thanks everyone again for the information regarding the driveshafts, after listening to you guys and reading more threads in going to go with the 1350, should I stick with Adams driveshaft or is there a better brand to go with? Who has the best warranty and customer service between driveshaft manufacturers? Also for clarification about going fast in the dunes I didn't mean 65+, when I was there I realized on any sized bumps I had to essentially crawl over them to remain in control and not get thrown around from the rocking. I know an axle swap is out of the picture as of now due to cost so I don't want to bend an axle. Just hoping that with the Evo DD I will be able to go over bumps without having to crawl over them! Also as soon as I can save up the added money I will be going to chromoly axle shafts in the front and rear!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
should I stick with Adams driveshaft or is there a better brand to go with? Who has the best warranty and customer service between driveshaft manufacturers?

A lot of people on here run Adams and so far, I haven't heard anything bad about them. I personally prefer to run JE Reel as they've always worked well for me and they come standard with made in the USA Neapco u-joints. I also tend to run shafts made from a local shop as I ultimately use them to rebalance my shafts. Typically, the cost is about the same.

tgoss

Thanks everyone again for the information regarding the driveshafts, after listening to you guys and reading more threads in going to go with the 1350, should I stick with Adams driveshaft or is there a better brand to go with? Who has the best warranty and customer service between driveshaft manufacturers? Also for clarification about going fast in the dunes I didn't mean 65+, when I was there I realized on any sized bumps I had to essentially crawl over them to remain in control and not get thrown around from the rocking. I know an axle swap is out of the picture as of now due to cost so I don't want to bend an axle. Just hoping that with the Evo DD I will be able to go over bumps without having to crawl over them! Also as soon as I can save up the added money I will be going to chromoly axle shafts in the front and rear!

That isn't going to save your axle housing or c's. You want some speed with 37's I would look into an upgrade unless you don't give a shit about getting dragged off the sand box.

I use JE Reel right now myself, absolutely no complaints and I actually like them better than my old Adams.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
^^^What He Said^^^

Blew my rear 1310 last year on 35's with stock 4:10's. I wasn't even that hard on the gas either. I plan on upgrading the front to a 1350 to match the "new" rear and installing Chro-mo shafts at the same time. I plan on regearing to 5:13's when I finally wear out my 35's and go to 37's. 4:88's will get you closer to stock but I'm wanting the added "power" 5:13's will give. Sure you'll run a bit higher in the RPM range when cruising on the freeway but I'd prefer not having to downshift when pulling the slightest grade. I'd compare the Rancho 9000's to the 5100's and see what seems to offer the better ride and lasts longer. I'm pretty sure my rears are blown as they are both leaking pretty bad with 5 years and 30K on them.

I've gotta say, of course I have the 3.8, but even with 5.13's im constantly downshifting on the SLIGHTEST of grades. I honestly wish I had 5.38's but then again I know the gears get weaker in the size with the rubi 44. 37's all of my gear, spare tire and carrier, 5.13s. The Jeep is not a happy camper being that I live in the mountains lol

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I've gotta say, of course I have the 3.8, but even with 5.13's im constantly downshifting on the SLIGHTEST of grades. I honestly wish I had 5.38's but then again I know the gears get weaker in the size with the rubi 44. 37's all of my gear, spare tire and carrier, 5.13s. The Jeep is not a happy camper being that I live in the mountains lol

The 3.8 is totally a different animal, you can't really compare the two motors. Yes 5.38's wouldn't be a good idea.

Top Bottom