Off-road hero fastback top black for JKU unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.

geberhard

Douchebag
Thanks, not my Jeep as mentioned pics from their site, but great looking Jeep.

If anyone is interested, please poston the thread, looks like my messaging is not working or disabled, thanks!

geberhard

Douchebag
Please note - if interested, please post on this thread as I my messages are not working (yes, I reached out to mods, no update yet).

Thanks!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
This company has screwed so many people over that it now has a dummy name to link through to their site. I wouldn't touch their shit, even used.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm interested. I live in So Cal, but wife will be in Monterey at the end of the week.

Welcome to WAYALIFE. Not sure what part of for "ACTIVE MEMBERS ONLY" you missed but that would include you.

Sharkey said:
This company has screwed so many people over that it now has a dummy name to link through to their site. I wouldn't touch their shit, even used.

Spoken like someone who's been around the Jeep scene for a while. :crazyeyes:

geberhard

Douchebag
The product is excellent, specially compared to all the offerings out there. Great product but the owner, who is an awesome guy (Tim Taylor), had several issues getting the product off the ground and produce enough to meet the demand. He was a one man workshop, and finally was able to expand the business, so I think a lot of people had issues in teh past but he gave everyone a heads up on the long wait (which is definitely worth it if you are not in a hurry). It is easy to jump on the band wagon for people that have no actual experience with the actual product, but the quality of his tops put Besttop and other mass producing company tops to shame.

The demand on his product is huge and I am glad that he has not sold out his product and design to other companies that would end up making them in low quality in China or elsewhere. I like supporting small businesses with quality products as much as I can, it is something that sadly is going away in this day and age.

Gui

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Cool story. I'm sure he told it to you himself. Juxtapose that with the many, many documented complaints where the guy takes the proceeds from the newest customer purchase to buy the materials to start working on existing purchases, and where he did not tell people what was really going on or even get them the tops they had paid for with 9 months or more.

ORH had the same business model as Benchmark Designs. If you have been around for any amount of time at all, you will understand the point.

Edit: ...and if memory serves, this guy was a Canadian making the tops in Canada.

Last edited:

geberhard

Douchebag
No worries. I am glad that he was able to turn the business around and still being able to produce one of the best tops out there. I never met the guy, but was able to exchange emails and he was a straight shooter throughout the whole process, and the top kicks ass.

Going back to the topic, I have a top that is almost new for sale for anyone looking for one, no wait or drama needed.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom