Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Napalm

Hello all!

Most of you know me, but for those who don't my name is Nathan. I've been on Wayalife for quite some time and I've owned a handful of Jeeps, 4 to be exact. Last August, my wife and I made the hard decision to sell our Jeep due to wanting to pay off debt and going back to school.

Onyx was a 2014 JKU sport with a handful of mods
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453435860.484305.jpg

It sold in a quick two days and we quickly picked up a 2012 Toyota Tundra with over 90k miles on it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453435959.918572.jpg

What we did not anticipate were the number of issues that would come with it. We've had numerous problems since buying the truck, and what seemed like a great safe choice at the time, has turned out to be one of the most difficult issues that we've ever dealt with.

The discussion of the possibility of getting another vehicle started about a month ago, and we quickly focused our sights on another Jeep.

After the awful experience we've had with this used vehicle, we quickly made the decision that we would invest in a brand new Jeep. I personally wanted a leftover 2015 because of the warranty, but we had no luck finding one.

After 2 weeks of working with the same dealer (Elder Dodge/Jeep) as we purchased Onyx from in 2014, I was finally notified that the Jeep we'd been looking for had been located about 3 hours away.

A 2016 Billet Silver JKU Sport that we've decided to name "Steel"

I was made aware tonight that Steel has been delievered and is ready for pickup first thing in the morning. The only picture I have is this one from my sales guy (it's terrible)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453436345.266115.jpg

We have NO and I repeat NO plans for this Jeep. Recovering from the money we spent on everything from the Toyota and school funds, we are lucky we are able to even get a new Jeep.

But my wife and I are Jeepers down to the core, and we'd rather have a Jeep with no Mods than no Jeep at all. Some people will question the fact of not wanting to mod our Jeep, but we simply want to enjoy it for what it is. The wayalife of owning a Jeep is enough for us!

So, if you follow this thread looking for big mods and cool stuff, you might loose interest quickly. Yes, mods will come here and there, but I feel that for the time being, the Jeep will remain stock and will be appreciated as such.

BUT, for those of you that have followed my other thread know that I love taking pictures of my Jeep, and i love adventures, trips, and everything in between. There will be no shortage of great Jeep photography.

So, I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I know that we will :)

Thanks for reading this long boring post!

EDIT : Where the fun begins :)

STAGE 1: http://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=733644

STAGE 2: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-Picture-Diary&p=775825&viewfull=1#post775825

Last edited:

Napalm

Welcome back to the jeep world! A stock jk is plenty capable [emoji106]

Thanks Luis. The wife and I are very adamant that it remain stock. We've had so many problems with things that we've modified and recent vehicles that It's been so long since we've had something that we could just enjoy.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Good to see you're back! Sorry for all the hardships...quite a few of us have them. So, while not comforting really, you're also not alone.

Napalm

Good to see you're back! Sorry for all the hardships...quite a few of us have them. So, while not comforting really, you're also not alone.

Yeah I completely know what you mean. Buying a Toyota we expected to avoid costly issues that we suffered. Unfortunately we were wrong and learned our lesson the hard way!

Sweet ride and congrats! Can't wait for the first mod!:cheesy:

Watch out, we got a comedian up in here ;)

Congratulations on your new jeep Napalm. :thumbup:

Thank you! Number 5 and counting :)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Welcome back to the jeep world!!! As the other have mentioned a stock jeep is fun and plenty capable! I always enjoyed your pics of onyx so I'm looking forward to the pics of steel!!!

Napalm

Welcome back to the jeep world!!! As the other have mentioned a stock jeep is fun and plenty capable! I always enjoyed your pics of onyx so I'm looking forward to the pics of steel!!!

Thanks Coz, that's what we are looking for. Just fun, open air, and being in touch with the outdoors again. It's just not near as fun to go camping or take long trips when you don't enjoy the vehicle you drive

And not to mention.. Our truck wasn't even 4 wheel drive!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Napalm! Welcome back brother! Great to see you in a Jeep again! I don't know what's going on with Toyota lately. I've got a buddy here who traded his 2 door JK in for a brand new Tacoma 4x4 and has had nothing but problems with it. He's to the point he's about to trade it in on a new Jeep as well. Anyways, great to see you back!!

Napalm

Napalm! Welcome back brother! Great to see you in a Jeep again! I don't know what's going on with Toyota lately. I've got a buddy here who traded his 2 door JK in for a brand new Tacoma 4x4 and has had nothing but problems with it. He's to the point he's about to trade it in on a new Jeep as well. Anyways, great to see you back!!

Thanks brother!! I appreciate the welcome back! I'm glad to soon be back in Jeep. And I'm disappointed.. I've never seen so many problems with them. I know that Jeep won't let me down :)

We had so many issues and they wouldn't even honor the Toyota extended warranty we purchased..

Top Bottom