What problems does your Jeep have this week?

DaJudge

Seats are worn out, leaf spring bushings are worn out, paint is literally flaking off in tiny little flakes.

Bushings are ordered, might order seats today. Who cares about paint, I live in the SW!

Last edited:

tyscty

After finally installing my metalcloak game changer lift kit (no issues w/kit), however, I finally found out what the jeep death wobble was all about.

Trackbar bolt hole was wallowed out. Replaced it with a 1/4" thick Artec bracket and the correct 9/16" bolt and she's all better.

Never felt so exposed when that was happening... especially on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thunder

I'm getting a random chime accompanied by a brief flash of some dash lights while driving. From what I've read online, it sounds like a battery or battery connection issue. Have had it happen several times now but haven't popped the hood yet. Called the local Jeep dealership after the first few times and they claimed to have never heard of anything like it before.

Couple issues after a pretty rough run this weekend.

- rear arb not activating. Switch turns on, but locker does not engage. Thinking it's a solenoid problem.

- busted the tie rod clamp on my passenger side. Need to replace bolt and relocate it out of the way of my ram assist skid plate.

WJCO

Meme King
Couple issues after a pretty rough run this weekend.

- rear arb not activating. Switch turns on, but locker does not engage. Thinking it's a solenoid problem.

- busted the tie rod clamp on my passenger side. Need to replace bolt and relocate it out of the way of my ram assist skid plate.

Did you have a rear ARB locker before the axle swap? You can disconnect the line right at the diff and see if air is there when activated.

tyscty

so the 9/16" is better than the factory 14 mm bolt?

I would have to say yes! The fact is my 14mm came threaded for the entire length of the bolt. This allowed those fine threads to basically saw back and forth. The longer I had it the more wallowed out the hole became.

The 9/16" is has a little closer tolerance and it isn't threaded the entire way. "Smooth bolts don't saw."

North208jeeper

Outer tie rods shot! Right axle u joint as well! Sadly.

08 jk unlimited

, flat fenders, rugged ridge xhd bumper,tuff stuff 12,500lb winch,35x12.5x17 Toyo at2s 6speed superchips equipped.

BobNH

I've been commuting this week for training, 75 miles each way. Today was the last day this week. For some reason, when I got to my destination this morning, I had an urge to check my tire wear patterns. When I got to the passenger rear tire:
68e65b540409b7c0af18336f01e56ff1.jpg
ac0fa9bc39b53b78648586e084279bee.jpg

Ordinarily, this sort of luck is reserved for the start of long travels, so this would seem oddly helpful, except I am bringing my kids to Canada on Friday, waaaaay in, about 7.5 hours away. So now at least it makes sense. Off to get it patched tomorrow. Of course, looking at the location, they could very well play the "shoulder" card and I'll beed new tires. I have a spare, but it is in pretty bad shape compared to the rest with regards to very uneven wear.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I've been commuting this week for training, 75 miles each way. Today was the last day this week. For some reason, when I got to my destination this morning, I had an urge to check my tire wear patterns. When I got to the passenger rear tire:
68e65b540409b7c0af18336f01e56ff1.jpg
ac0fa9bc39b53b78648586e084279bee.jpg

Ordinarily, this sort of luck is reserved for the start of long travels, so this would seem oddly helpful, except I am bringing my kids to Canada on Friday, waaaaay in, about 7.5 hours away. So now at least it makes sense. Off to get it patched tomorrow. Of course, looking at the location, they could very well play the "shoulder" card and I'll beed new tires. I have a spare, but it is in pretty bad shape compared to the rest with regards to very uneven wear.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Easy fix with a tire plug imo

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Some major rain storm last night while I was asleep and no doors and only a safari top on. So now I have about an inch of standing water in the passenger side. Need to pull the carpet and find the drain plugs.

Top Bottom