Ball Joints - Dynatrac vs Teraflex - Knurled

WJCO

Meme King
A couple of new knuckles and a kit of non knurled Rare Parts or Dynatrac ball joints.

Most people don't have the ability to cut the old inner knuckles from the axle tubes nor weld and position it back on in the proper location.

Exodus 4x4

Cool, thanks guys! I googled, but I didn’t know if there was anybody associated with Wayalife we could check out. Thanks again!

Rare parts are awesome and adjustable, however you can only rebuild the lowers I think. Can’t remember.

Dynatrac is awesome and you can rebuild both upper and lower. Just don’t ask them to build you a Gladiator.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Why not Synergy? That’s what I used.

Thats what I went with as well and ordered them from Bubba. They took much longer to loosen up than Synergy's 500 mile break in period. They were really tight and the jeep's steering was really bad until they did. Scary to the point I wouldn't let anyone drive it until they loosened up. If I remember correctly Bubba replaced 2 or 3 sets on customer's jeeps because they didn't like how it drove and were afraid to drive it. He replaced them with Alloy USA and did not have that issue. This wasn't a problem with other Synergy installs he had done.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

Why not Synergy? That’s what I used.

Thats what I went with as well and ordered them from Bubba. They took much longer to loosen up than Synergy's 500 mile break in period. They were really tight and the jeep's steering was really bad until they did. Scary to the point I wouldn't let anyone drive it until they loosened up. If I remember correctly Bubba replaced 2 or 3 sets on customer's jeeps because they didn't like how it drove and were afraid to drive it. He replaced them with Alloy USA and did not have that issue. This wasn't a problem with other Synergy installs he had done.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

We installed 4-5 sets of ball joints in a short period of time on as many different Jeeps. ALL of them were immediately giving us the same feedback Jesse3638 describes. They were absolutely not going to try and drive their Jeeps 500 miles for the benefit of the doubt. All the customers with the exception of one, were describing it being so bad they were afraid to drive the Jeep back to us to change them out. One customer actually drove his over 3,000 miles and it still didn’t change.

What probably pissed me off the most was Synergy wouldn’t make it right on my end. They simply said that every set was like that and if the customer wasn’t willing to drive it 500 miles for the break-in, then they really had nothing to complain about. I had to cover the cost of the removal of the shitty Synergy ball joints, the new Alloy USA ball joints as well as the installation. Synergy had no interest in paying us back. At least we were able to send the 4 sets we had in stock back to the warehouse.

As I’ve said before, I like most Synergy products but I will never sell another set of their ball joints.

jesse3638

Hooked
We installed 4-5 sets of ball joints in a short period of time on as many different Jeeps. ALL of them were immediately giving us the same feedback Jesse3638 describes. They were absolutely not going to try and drive their Jeeps 500 miles for the benefit of the doubt. All the customers with the exception of one, were describing it being so bad they were afraid to drive the Jeep back to us to change them out. One customer actually drove his over 3,000 miles and it still didn’t change.

What probably pissed me off the most was Synergy wouldn’t make it right on my end. They simply said that every set was like that and if the customer wasn’t willing to drive it 500 miles for the break-in, then they really had nothing to complain about. I had to cover the cost of the removal of the shitty Synergy ball joints, the new Alloy USA ball joints as well as the installation. Synergy had no interest in paying us back. At least we were able to send the 4 sets we had in stock back to the warehouse.

As I’ve said before, I like most Synergy products but I will never sell another set of their ball joints.

Mine took close to 1000 miles to finally loosen up. I even made it a point to drive aggressively off road over rough terrain. The worst part was the lack of self centering on the freeway. Left you chasing it all over the road. I'll probably try Alloy USA the next go round.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Mine took close to 1000 miles to finally loosen up. I even made it a point to drive aggressively off road over rough terrain. The worst part was the lack of self centering on the freeway. Left you chasing it all over the road. I'll probably try Alloy USA the next go round.

Had this same experience when I installed Synergy BJs . Wandering and a pull to whichever side you steered . It lasted for first 100 miles. I then went wheeling for 5 hours and did some rock crawling and lots of fire road driving and turning . Immediately loosened up .

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The Dynatrac are nice but they are far from easy to rebuild. Not to mention you have to do all the same work to rebuild them as you would replace them. The only difference is you are not pressing them out. I have a set that needed to be rebuilt and I just replaced them altogether because of how much of a pain in the ass they were. I have no issues with the synergy’s I replaced them with.

I do have Dynatracs in my front 60 that will probably need to be rebuilt in the next year or so. Not looking forward to it.

Exodus 4x4

The Dynatrac are nice but they are far from easy to rebuild. Not to mention you have to do all the same work to rebuild them as you would replace them. The only difference is you are not pressing them out. I have a set that needed to be rebuilt and I just replaced them altogether because of how much of a pain in the ass they were. I have no issues with the synergy’s I replaced them with.

I do have Dynatracs in my front 60 that will probably need to be rebuilt in the next year or so. Not looking forward to it.

It’s not as bad because they’re in the knuckle so you can do it on the bench. It’s getting to them that sucks.

Top Bottom