PLEASE - DO NOT Post Up GPS Coordinates or Trail Directions on WAYALIFE

black pearl

Hooked
As a group on this forum it is very important for all of us to do our part and sometimes the part of others as they seem to leave their part scattered on the ground.
Please volunteer whenever possible to complete trail maintenance and trash pickup in your local area. While doing this is not as enjoyable as being behind the wheel on your favorite trail, not participating in these events can very well cost you the use of your favorite trail in the future. It is also a great way to meet other off-road enthusiasts in your area that you can wheel with in the future.

Let's all do our best to make sure that our children and our grandchildren have somewhere to wheel their Jeeps! [emoji106]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app
I do this any time I'm out wheeling. I even got my wife to start spotting things on the trail. After she asked me why I always did it and explained that parks are always being threatened to be shut down. I try and going wheeling the weekend after major holidays, to clean up. My thinking is. I might be picking up other people's trash, but at least I'm out wheeling having a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I really like the idea that you have to get to know someone, earn their trust, and then maybe one day they will take you on a special run. Down with that. Kudos!

Leho

Great post and so on point. There are so many places in New Mexico where we cannot camp now because of people dumping and trashing the areas.

CarlG

I agree 100% with this post. I for one am 61 and I am looking to retire and further my pursuit of trying to image some of these places. I grew up admiring those that travel to where no one else dared go to catch the perfect image. Sadly so much has changed. I traveled 5K miles in 2020 in the Jeep trying to find locations where there wasn't a bunch of people, that wasn't closed down or had been destroyed by idiots. I got very few shots and a lot of frustration. I'm not a Rock Crawler and I'm not a mudder, I just want to get out and make new friends and search for light. I am a bit of a loner I must admit, but I sure would appreciate meeting up with some folks to help show me around, Tennessee, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Arizona

or places in between. Milkyway Over Arch 1 cropped adjusted resized small.jpg
Drop me a note, I plan on traveling sometime in late August early September.

Jeeper99

This is a double edged blade. Most of us want to be generous and share our good experiences with others. It makes us feel good. That's really the foundation of forums like this and what made billionaires out of kids that saw that drive for humans to share, and created Facebook, Twitter, and other social media. But, as we gain more experience, we get burned and become prejudicial to others. Those platforms came along when I was already middle aged and prejudiced by sharing too much. No Facebook, Twitter, etc. accounts for me. I see this same conundrum debated endlessly on hunting forums.

Most named trails are well enough known to find easily. But the really pristine locales are those that are unnamed or places no one has heard of. Those are the locales that I keep to a close circle of trusted friends. I have a bunch of hunting places I never post about. No pictures. Nothing. It's just a lesson I've learned. Sad it has to be that way.

Top Bottom