VIDEO : FIRST TRACKS / Part 1 - Testing Moby's New 40" Cooper STT Pros in the Snow

WJCO

Meme King
How's the weather in Boulder right now? It looks like I'll be in Boulder a few times next year I'll let you know when I'm coming up and maybe we can grab some beers or hit a few trails.

It's getting colder, but no snow down here right now. Suppose to be in the 40s this week for the most part. That would be really cool if you stopped by. Definitely hit me up when you head this way.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Did anybody notice that the plow at the beginning was throwing sparks, seems to me at that point you could stop plowing.

Nice video, not sure whether to thank you or hate you for the jealousy you stirred up in me. Keep them coming.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Damtall55

Great video, as always, even if it was shorter than some you have posted!! I love the growl of Moby!! LOVE IT!! How did the Cooper's do in the snow?!? Looked like a nice tread pattern!! Looking forward to snow here in D.C.!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you measured these tires aired up to street pressure and when aired down to rockcrawling pressure, by chance?

At street pressure, you can see what they measure out on the TRUE TIRE SIZE DATABASE here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-SIZE-Database&p=779343&viewfull=1#post779343

I have not measured them aired down.

Nice video and fantastic pics! Man I hope we get a good snow fall here this season.

If and when you do, be sure to post up some pics :thumb:

May just be mine but there's no audio in the video. Or is it like that for everyone?

It's there for me. Cool background music, too.

That's odd. Like WJCO, there's definitely music playing :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did anybody notice that the plow at the beginning was throwing sparks, seems to me at that point you could stop plowing.

Nice video, not sure whether to thank you or hate you for the jealousy you stirred up in me. Keep them coming.

LOL!! We were thinking the same thing as it drove by.

Great video, as always, even if it was shorter than some you have posted!! I love the growl of Moby!! LOVE IT!! How did the Cooper's do in the snow?!? Looked like a nice tread pattern!! Looking forward to snow here in D.C.!!

Of all the mud terrain tires we have tested in the snow/ice, these Cooper have performed the BEST. Granted, in this video, there isn't much snow and ice but we did a lot of testing last year with the set we have on Rubicat and Renny and we were really pleased with how they performed.

daddyusmaximus

Well before the crack of dawn and surrounded by a bluish glow of light reflecting off a blanket of freshly fallen snow, Cindy and I packed up Moby and headed up into the hills. Winter was finally here and it was time for us to lay down our first tracks of the season and to test out our brand new 40" Cooper Discoverer STT Pros. While there wasn't a ton of snow, we hope that you'll still enjoy watching our short presentation of all the fun we had.

For those of you who are interested, a few photos from our day out in the white stuff can also be seen below. :cool:

That is an absolutely beautiful video. The early morning lighting was perfect and the video is crystal clear.

Angry Aussie

Nice. I'll let you know my dates as soon as I figure them out. There maybe one trip I'm up there without my rig but will have it for the others.

Is the Walnut Brewery still open?

Is Slvaggios the sandwich place still open?

It's been 5 years since I was last in Boulder and that's way to long in my opinion. I'm really looking forward to next year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Just when i think im happy living in So Cal where there isn't any of this you post a video like this and make me miss the mountains and cold winters.

when your playing in the snow like this what air pressure do you run?

daddyusmaximus

Just out of curiosity, what made you change over from the Toyos? I've ran the Toyos before and really love them for everything except icey roads.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just when i think im happy living in So Cal where there isn't any of this you post a video like this and make me miss the mountains and cold winters.

when your playing in the snow like this what air pressure do you run?

Depends on how deep the snow is and if it's been sitting around for a while. Freshly fallen snow behaves very differently than snow that's slushy or icy underneath. In this video, we were running street pressure but if it were a lot deeper, I would have gone down as far as I needed to give me a better footprint.

Just out of curiosity, what made you change over from the Toyos? I've ran the Toyos before and really love them for everything except icey roads.

We like testing out new tires and these Coopers in a 40 just came out. We still have our Toyo's and may run them on Rubicat. Toyos are still one of our favorite tires especially being that they have such tough sidewalls but they do suck in the snow/ice.

Looks like a great time and the tires did great not really slipping much at all.

Of all the MT's we've run, these coopers do the best in the slick stuff. :yup:

jesse3638

Hooked
Looks like a blast. I have the KM2's and have really only run them in the snow a few times as we don't get much down here..;). Can't say how they perform as I have nothing to compare them to..haha. I may be up your way after Christmas and hopefully get to see some snow. If I am I'll let you know and maybe I can stop by un-unannounced..;)

nice video and pics, we got a little less snow up here I'd say but after today I'll start having more time so may go make some tracks of my own later this week! thanks for sharing tires look good!!

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Congrats on the win over UNLV.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
A little late to the party on this one. Great photos and video.

Playing in the snow is always fun.

Now driving in it because you have to is another story. :naw:

benatc1

Hooked
Looks like a blast. I have the KM2's and have really only run them in the snow a few times as we don't get much down here..;). Can't say how they perform as I have nothing to compare them to..haha. I may be up your way after Christmas and hopefully get to see some snow. If I am I'll let you know and maybe I can stop by un-unannounced..;)

Congrats on the win over UNLV.

not sure why I'm just seeing this, but thanks man! was a nice way to end our season. hope your wedding was awesome! (a few weeks ago of couse)

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom