DIY - EVO Tire Carrier Rotopax Mount Installation Write-Up

benatc1

Hooked
Didn't even think about that! I definitely wanted a setup where I could take off the Rotopax and things still look like they belong - like that's how the tire carrier came. :cool:

Yea it does look great and like it’s part of the carrier.

+1 I used the plate and KC clamps on the upper angled bars as well but I don't really like the look of the clamp placement. Not sure why I did not think of the horizontal cross bar. Eddie's way looks much cleaner. :thumb:

View attachment 290622

I know right? I saw what he did and I was like why the hell didn’t I put those on that horizontal bar haha

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Would this work with 2, 2 gallon RotoPAX tanks sitting vertical rather than the horizontal 4gal? I think it would look a little better and be easier to manage. Looks like I would just rotate the RotoPAX mounts 90 degrees on the universal plate.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Would this work with 2, 2 gallon RotoPAX tanks sitting vertical rather than the horizontal 4gal? I think it would look a little better and be easier to manage. Looks like I would just rotate the RotoPAX mounts 90 degrees on the universal plate.

Don't see why it wouldn't work.

Great idea

I like the idea of this design. I have the DV8 carrier and have been wanting a cheaper way to mount the rotopax cans than what I’ve seen available. I like my LP being in the center but I’m sure I could mount the bracket for the cans above the plate and still look good. Thanks for the idea on where to start. Keep Jeepin

MericaMade

Nice write up. I like the look of the bumperless jeep but aren't you worried or have you ever taken a shot to the rear panels without bumper protection?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like the idea of this design. I have the DV8 carrier and have been wanting a cheaper way to mount the rotopax cans than what I’ve seen available. I like my LP being in the center but I’m sure I could mount the bracket for the cans above the plate and still look good. Thanks for the idea on where to start. Keep Jeepin

Glad my write-up was able to give you some ideas and welcome to WAYALIFE :cool:

Nice write up. I like the look of the bumperless jeep but aren't you worried or have you ever taken a shot to the rear panels without bumper protection?

Hasn't been a problem for me yet but then, I'm just a mall crawler :cool:

Top Bottom