Ball joints

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I have the Teraflex HD balljoints( non knurled)I have 53k miles on my stockers. No play and no weird vibes etc.

I'll give the TF's a try eventually. Good reviews for them. It was between those and synergy's which had a lot of negative reviews. If I could go back I would probably just buy prosteers but I didn't know much back when I bought them.

This is from their instruction sheet:

Some 2012 and ALL newer Jeep Wranglers come factory with larger front axle shafts (Dana 30 & 44) than previous years, and will require grinding on the stub shaft forging parting line for clear- ance. Check axle shaft clearance by rotating the unit bearing pointed straight, and turned both directions. Grind where needed to provide adequate clearance.

.....…...............................................................
MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

RollingThunder89

I have the Teraflex HD balljoints( non knurled)I have 53k miles on my stockers. No play and no weird vibes etc.

I'll give the TF's a try eventually. Good reviews for them. It was between those and synergy's which had a lot of negative reviews. If I could go back I would probably just buy prosteers but I didn't know much back when I bought them.
Yeah I was gonna go with the TF cuz if the life time warranty but finding out they are not American I opted out.
Thanks for your input 😇

Sent from my E6790TM using WAYALIFE mobile app

silverbullet88

And here's a pic of what happens if you have clearance issue, that is just crazy stupid if you ask me

View attachment 248687

.....…...............................................................
MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

Yeah I have a 2010 so my shafts are ok. I do have a spare set out of a 12 rubicon though. I'll have to make sure they are the smaller yoke shafts.

Like I said I would probably get Prosteers to avoid all the issues with TF. Haha too late now!

Wert7676

I replaced mine with the synergy ones when I welded on the c gussets the passenger ones were fine at 50 k miles but the lower driver was starting to go. I'm at 76 k with the synergy ball joint so 25k miles on them. They have held up good and I got toyo mt 37x13.5r17 wheels with raceline beadlocks. That 135 lbs per wheel. I don't use a steering stabilizer and have no death wobble or vibration. Dynatrac ones are cool but I can replace the senergy ones a couple times before they would pay off. I'm guessing the wheel hub bearings will give out before the ball joints do

Top Bottom