REVERE THE STEER - Rubicat Going Wide with 72.5" Dynatrac XD60 / PRO 1550 Front Axle

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I called Evo about the XD60 hydraulic cylinder guard was it designed for the PR60, not the XD60. Was yours a one off

Hmmm, could have been. We visit them all the time and they may have just hooked us up as a favor. Bummer they don't have something available for everyone.

mastrcruse

I experienced the same thing from Evo and Dynatrac. The 72.5" XD60 and EVO plate seem to be one offs. To go to 72.5" on my XD60 was another $3k because, what I was told, they would have to pay engineering time to make sure it was correct. I saved the $3k and got the XD60 with 1480 outers so I could run the DTD since Evo confirmed DTD doesn't work with the 68.5" 1550 outer setup. Were two bummers but my XD60 is still a frickin' monster.

aTX427

My understanding is the additional turning angle of the XD60 with the 1550 is what causes the problem with the DTD. You could either go with a somewhat custom build like Eddie, or limit the turning angle of the 1550. I'm in the process of setting mine up with the Evo coilover's. Still not sure what I'm going to run into, but I'm sure there is a way to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My understanding is the additional turning angle of the XD60 with the 1550 is what causes the problem with the DTD. You could either go with a somewhat custom build like Eddie, or limit the turning angle the 1550 offers. I And in the process of setting mine up with the Evo coilover's. Still not sure what I'm going to run into, but I'm sure there is a way to make it work.

Give Dynatrac a call. I think they might be able to help you out.

aTX427

Do you recall the process for setting the caster and pinion on the XD60? For some reason I I'm thinking they added addition caster to the inner c's to account for lifted Jeep's when they install them, but can't seem to find the values.

WJCO

Meme King
Do you recall the process for setting the caster and pinion on the XD60? For some reason I I'm thinking they added addition caster to the inner c's to account for lifted Jeep's when they install them, but can't seem to find the values.

I would say aim for the 4.2 and then visually look at your pinion angle. Or check your Dynatrac invoice, it's pretty detailed and may have it listed if your axle came that way. Ideally the pinion angle and driveshaft angle should be parallel. If you can achieve that and still have higher caster, you're good.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Your axle has +6° of caster built into it.

aTX427

Hey Eddie, I thought I read that you are using an 8" stroke PSC on Moby's PR60. Is correct and are you getting all 8" of stroke or are you limiting it? How about Rubicat? Dynatrac recommended a 6.75" stroke cylinder on my XD60, but it's also set up at 68.5" WMS.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Eddie, I thought I read that you are using an 8" stroke PSC on Moby's PR60. Is correct and are you getting all 8" of stroke or are you limiting it? How about Rubicat? Dynatrac recommended a 6.75" stroke cylinder on my XD60, but it's also set up at 68.5" WMS.

Moby has his ram mounted to the axle using a welded on EVO bracket and connects to the passenger side knuckle. The XD60 uses its own mount extending from the track bar bracket and connects to the tie-rod using a clamp. They're totally different setups.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who haven't seen, the all new JL Wrangler Rubicon will be coming with a set of 68" wide axles. That's a whole 2.5" wider than what come on a JK and just a 1/2" shy of a full width axle. With that said, it seems that Dynatrac has been way ahead of the curve on this one and it wouldn't be so far fetched to think that the new "full width" will now be 72.5". :yup: :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are there any diagrams online that show how those Horizontally positioned shocks work? This build is really cool.

If you're referring to the EVO Lever system in the rear, the coil overs are simply mounted to the rear cross member on one end and to a cantilever arm attached to a frame on the other. The cantilever arms are linked to the axle and this allows for 14" of vertical travel. Sorry, I don't have a diagram but you might be able to get a look at how this all works in this video.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
For those of you who haven't seen, the all new JL Wrangler Rubicon will be coming with a set of 68" wide axles. That's a whole 2.5" wider than what come on a JK and just a 1/2" shy of a full width axle. With that said, it seems that Dynatrac has been way ahead of the curve on this one and it wouldn't be so far fetched to think that the new "full width" will now be 72.5". :yup: :cool:

It’s Dynatrac’s Hardcore Plus XD60/XD60 that comes with the new knuckles, correct? What is the most backspace you think a non-coil over could run, on a JK?

mastrcruse

Hey guys! Have the XD60 tucked into the JKU and, as I’ve read, an experincing my RK trac bar hitting the diff cover. Maybe imagining things, but did I read that Monty and Rubicat are using the OEM trac bar? If so, that’ll save me $250 if so!

Attachments

• A4F3A9F5-3490-4DF9-BC1F-7F07A7FB1812.jpg
    A4F3A9F5-3490-4DF9-BC1F-7F07A7FB1812.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 123

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys! Have the XD60 tucked into the JKU and, as I’ve read, an experincing my RK trac bar hitting the diff cover. Maybe imagining things, but did I read that Monty and Rubicat are using the OEM trac bar? If so, that’ll save me $250 if so!

Nope, you didn't imagine anything and yes, you heard right, we still run factory track bars on both Moby and Rubicat. Of course, we're just mall crawlers. :cool:

mastrcruse

Nope, you didn't imagine anything and yes, you heard right, we still run factory track bars on both Moby and Rubicat. Of course, we're just mall crawlers. :cool:

Well duh! You mall crawlers always use the stock stuff cause oem isn’t good enough:rock:

Thanks Eddie! That saves me some dough!

Top Bottom