The Kool-Aid is Strong Over Here

jkwebbie

I need one of these. Where did you get it?

Edit: nevermind finished reading your post and saw it is from rotopax. Thanks for posting it up.

Hah its all good bud! I ordered it off of Northridge4x4. Its right at $25 which is a really good price for what you get!

jkwebbie

And here's the finished product! I decided to add a little touch to mine. Everyone has a black grille with black Jeep letters. I went a little different route lol

Attachments

• 1428086479167.jpg
    1428086479167.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 447
  • 1428086528401.jpg
    1428086528401.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 450

jkwebbie

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted on here, I've been pretty busy with work and life and all that fun stuff with being a grown up lol. Butttttt this past weekend I had some time to finally instal my Off Road Evolution Protek oil pan skid plate. This thing is BEEFY! And now I sleep a little sounder at night knowing that my oil pan is now protected when I go out wheeling now, that was always my biggest fear was bashing it into a rock and be out a few grand :eek:
And since it was pretty close to an oil change, I went to the local O'Riellys and picked up some Royal Purple oil and a new filter and got to work.
Royal_purple[1].jpg Hoos_up[1].jpg

Skid_plate_and_inst[1].jpg The instructions are really really simple to read and even has pictures to help out too, which were very useful.

No_skid[1].jpg So I put the Jeep on the ramps to give myself a little bit more room under the Jeep since I'm still at stock height.

Oil_nut[1].jpg So I had a major idiot moment and accidentally dropped the oil pan drain plug into the oil catch pan and had to dig around in the old oil to find it (not fun). But I did eventually dig it out.

Oik_skid[1].jpg And here's the final product. It wasn't too bad of an instal, the only problem I had was it was next to impossible to torque down all the bolts onto the oil pan. I only managed to get 2 or 3 torqued down to spec with my new torque wrench and had to just use a regular wrench to tighten the rest.

All in all, this was a really easy instal and it only took me about an hour, and that's just because I had to change my oil too. I wouldn't recommend putting on the skid with your oil pan full of oil, I just feel like it would come off or something, especially if you are doing this instal by yourself like I did.

jkwebbie

Well I had planned on ordering my lift kit sometime this week, since I have actually picked out which one I want, but looks like I'll be waiting a little bit longer because of two reasons :(
1. I was going to use my tax money for the kit, which will be pretty fat because of the exceptions from school and everything buttttt as the government loves to do, they said it was going to be longer than expected to get my money back.....crap.
2. I had my old advisor from college contact me saying that I wasn't done with school???? I graduated last fall, well I thought at least. But apparently the Community College I went to over last summer didn't send in my transcript like I thought they did, so when I was looking at all my stuff for graduation it wasn't right because some classes were in the wrong categories because my transcript wasn't sent in. So lucky me, I get to go back to school this summer to finish college....again. FML
Oh did I mention the college I went to is an hour away from where I live and work....that will be a fun commute for about month or so....not :(

ScoobyCarolanNC

Damn man! Sucks about the commute & your classes getting messed up, but at least the weathers getting nice! Jeeps coming along great, what's it's name? Maybe I missed it.

jkwebbie

Lol I did. The Goat! That rules.

Damn man! Sucks about the commute & your classes getting messed up, but at least the weathers getting nice! Jeeps coming along great, what's it's name? Maybe I missed it.

Haha yea, at least I can take the top off on the commute lol. And yea my Jeep got the name "The Goat" from another wayalifer Trail Rig on our run at Windrock. We were on a black diamond trail and I was the smallest Jeep there and I finally made it over this crazy boulder. Trail Rig and a few others were spotting me and Trail Rig said after I got over that obstacle that "that things like a damn mountain goat" so thats how my Jeep got it's name lol. It impressed everyone there because we had been running hard trails the entire day and I kept up with them all.

cottrellsahara

Hey man nice jeep! Pretty sure I have seen this jeep rolling around here in NC I am located in high point believe i saw it around winston or just north of there when I was driving to Boone to visit rubitrux

jkwebbie

Hey man nice jeep! Pretty sure I have seen this jeep rolling around here in NC I am located in high point believe i saw it around winston or just north of there when I was driving to Boone to visit rubitrux

Thanks buddy! And I live in Yadkin County, so you probably seen me in Winston since I'm usually there on the weekends. And I got my wheels and tires from Rubitrux

jkwebbie

Nice color, what are the benefits of a "mid-arm" kit?

Thanks man! And Rock Krawler calls it a mid arm kit because it pushes the rear axle back 1 inch to give a better fitment for bigger tires at full bump. On other companies mid arm kits, you actually have to cut off the stock control arm mounts, but RK doesn't.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks man! And Rock Krawler calls it a mid arm kit because it pushes the rear axle back 1 inch to give a better fitment for bigger tires at full bump. On other companies mid arm kits, you actually have to cut off the stock control arm mounts, but RK doesn't.

LOL! A benefit is to have you coils bow like this?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429374424.937156.jpg

And funny thing is, I have no issues at full bump with my regular short arm lift. Maybe I'm not doing something right.

Top Bottom