ATTENTION: Know Your Jeep JK Wrangler Coolants and Save Your Engine!

Linda R

This is excellent information! Charlene Bower from Ladies Offroad Network did a talk on coolant as well but I can't find the info to save my life. Having said that and reading what you wrote, I went out to Amazon and pulled up the HOAT (I have a 2012 JKU) and it says that it will not work with my Jeep (what?). So now, I guess you could say that I'm confused a little bit.

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    469.4 KB · Views: 13

jeeeep

Hooked
This is excellent information! Charlene Bower from Ladies Offroad Network did a talk on coolant as well but I can't find the info to save my life. Having said that and reading what you wrote, I went out to Amazon and pulled up the HOAT (I have a 2012 JKU) and it says that it will not work with my Jeep (what?). So now, I guess you could say that I'm confused a little bit.
One is HOAT the other is OAT, it's confusing and why I use Prestone 50/50 compatible with OAT and HOAT.
If you do a flush, use the concentrate to flush, then fill with 50/50, also a lot easier to find in any autoparts store versus Mopar brand.

Your owner's manual will specify which coolant to use. If you haven't downloaded the manual from Jeep, it has some additional information that the paperback manual does.

Last edited:

Amazon is decent with compatibility, but I would not really trust it for this.

I ended out pulling the overflow reservoir and dumping it into a container, and then pouring the new OAT that I bought into a separate identical container.

Even then, the used coolant looked a little darker / opaque.

If you never have on your 2012, I would recommend just flushing it. I discovered a bunch of jacked up shit that I had been neglecting when I drained my coolant system.

Top Bottom