How to change beadlock ring color?

Maybe a dumb question

This may be a really dumb question but to paint the ring should I deflate the tire some before removing the ring or can I just remove the ring? I was thinking off jacking it up and deflating before removing the rings to prime and paint but not sure if that’s over board. Will the tire lose pressure if I just remove the ring?

dillard09

This may be a really dumb question but to paint the ring should I deflate the tire some before removing the ring or can I just remove the ring? I was thinking off jacking it up and deflating before removing the rings to prime and paint but not sure if that’s over board. Will the tire lose pressure if I just remove the ring?

You might want to do some research as to how beadlocks work before you do anything. If try to remove the ring with air in the tire you might be in for a big surprise. Please dont do that! There are plenty of videos and threads on here on how to mount beadlocks.

Benito

Caught the Bug

YES, absolutely deflate the tires completely and leave the valve stems out while assembling and disassembling

Ddays

Hooked
Something to keep in mind is if you didn't originally install the tires onto the wheels you'll need to make sure the rings are torqued down properly when you reinstall them! Different brands require torque settings so you'll need to research that. What you're proposing is a simple process, but there is a specific process and it has to be followed for the wheels to remain safe.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Welcome to Wayalife. You’ll probably die if you do that.

Take some of these things from staples and put them over the bolt holes then cut some cardboard out to protect the inside of the wheel and tire.

IMG_6691.jpg

Then when you’re done just pull the stickers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to Wayalife. You’ll probably die if you do that.

Take some of these things from staples and put them over the bolt holes then cut some cardboard out to protect the inside of the wheel and tire.

View attachment 313469

Then when you’re done just pull the stickers.

I for sure don’t want to die but never thought of this....sounds like a major time saver too. Thanks

Last edited:
Probably wouldn't die...but you might have to change your shorts and count your fingers...

Haha I figured it might be alone those lines....still don’t want that either. I’ll try painting while mounted.....gonna get scratched off anyways just not a fan of the silver when everything else is black or orange

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Haha I figured it might be alone those lines....still don’t want that either. I’ll try painting while mounted.....gonna get scratched off anyways just not a fan of the silver when everything else is black or orange

If they have never been painted I don’t recommend the way I suggested. That is for pre painted rings. You’re gonna wanna scuff the ring and prime it before color.

Guascone

What wheels are these? I’ve been trying to figure it out since the thread started, they turned out great!

I bought these wheels from an italian dealer...on they website are called Alutrack beadlock wheels...on the boxes I found an other brand name RMC.
Honestly speaking I think that these wheels are coming from china...up to now they are working well and are even really easy to be balanced.

Top Bottom