MT/R Kevlar vs Nitto Trail Grappler

Tricky8

I’ve had my MT/Rs for almost a year and have had no issues with them. Have been to Colorado, Moab, Arizona and they have done a great job. I have these in 315/70r17 in D load rating.
I have read pros and cons for both of these tires and I believe it is just a matter of what you want them for and preference.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I haven't run the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar...but I have run the older ones without Kevlar. Soft as hell and did not last very long at all. And from what it sounds like nobody else is having good luck with them either. I would steer clear of them.

That being said.... I have run the Nitto Terra Grapplers, Nitto Trail Grapplers, and Nitto mud Grapplers all on my Dodge pickup and currently I'm running The BFG km2 on my Jeep Rubicon. Nitto is an awesome tire and BFG makes a very good Tire as well. I've heard the BFG km3 is also heavily improved from the km2.

I bought the wheels and tires as a package deal that were beadlocks and tires already mounted... that are on my Jeep Rubicon now... from someone here on the forum, but I was looking very strongly at the Cooper stt pros to put on them and take the BFG off but decided it wasn't worth the effort because they're all beadlocks. I'll either be replacing them when the time comes with Nitto, Cooper or the upgraded BFG km 3....but because the coopers are at such an awesome price and an awesome time, I'm leaning towards those.🤔

So many tires so many choices 😵😵😵

all in all I would say either Cooper or Nitto or BFG would be much better than the Goodyear Wrangler MTR with Kevlar

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I am running Nitto TG 315/70/17 on mine with 3:73 gears and love them. I have 40,000 miles on them now. Great traction with no issues.

patr1ckm

Had good experience with Trail Grapplers. They are very reliable on and off road. Another worth considering is the Toyo Open Country MT. These toyo tires like mud and dirt. They are pretty heavy, but they balance good.

bouche03

Fuck the MTR with Kevlar looks like a bad ass tire but sucks in the snow and are insanely heavy

Wrong--MTRs suck, but one thing they are not, is a heavy tire for their size. Compare it to any other tire of the same class and they are lighter. Lighter than BFG, Cooper, Nitto, etc.

Top Bottom