Evo Slider Question

MericaMade

For you guys that welded on your own is there any specific way you did it or a method as it how you should do it, meaning one preference over another?

Last edited:

jjlong

Good to know, thank you. Getting it done tomorrow.
Just make sure you give yourself at least an inch of Room between the slider and the body of the Jeep. They do flex a little bit and if they're too close to the body they will hit when you hit a rock.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Good to know. I did a half inch spacing all around. I can barley slide my fingers in between the mount and body.

Did you guys weld all they way around the mount and in the holes of the mounting plates?

In the holes yes. Those are plug welds. Around the top is tough. I didn’t get all the way around.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Good to know. I did a half inch spacing all around. I can barley slide my fingers in between the mount and body.

Did you guys weld all they way around the mount and in the holes of the mounting plates?

I held the bottom of the flange at about the top of the radius of the frame corner.... and was able to weld the top of the flange using flux core because you don’t need the gas shield.... I don’t think it’s really needed for strength since the force will be on the lower welds... but I did it to seal water out.

IMG_0085.JPG

TrailHunter

Hooked
I spaced the slider about an inch away from the body at the four corners... one trip out the weight of the Jeep was slammed/resting on this end and it flexed about 1/8” from the body and bent the pinch seam a little..... now its only 5/8”. Most of that flex was the body like overlander said... but the slider bent a little too.

IMG_0086.jpg

MericaMade

I held the bottom of the flange at about the top of the radius of the frame corner.... and was able to weld the top of the flange using flux core because you don’t need the gas shield.... I don’t think it’s really needed for strength since the force will be on the lower welds... but I did it to seal water out.

View attachment 319000
Ok my thinking was the same as yours with strength. We got up to the top of the plate mount just not across the top. Looks like ill be going back to hit the holes and look to fill the top somehow.

Last edited:

MericaMade

New question. Wife wants a step so you guys running the Evo bombers and skins how are they holding up?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Eroc147

New question. Wife wants a step so you guys running the Evo bombers and skins how are they holding up?

Mine are holding up fine, and have taken tons of hits. But it’s really not the best step in the world. Maybe for smaller lady like feet haha. But even standing on them to put the top back can be a little sketchy if they are wet and/or muddy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Thanks guys. I love the weld on look but wife ask for a step everytime she gets in. I do like the look of the skins and bombers as well.

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks guys. I love the weld on look but wife ask for a step everytime she gets in. I do like the look of the skins and bombers as well.

One of these would solve both issues - you like the weld on and wife needs a step :thumb:

J129358.jpg

Top Bottom